Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party Stude of the Day

Happened upon this picture I've never seen before:

pictures, auto, old, classic, cars, car, vintage, magazine, advertising, cards, photo, flyer, automobile, post, image, photos, antique, album, postcard, ad, picture, convertible, images, 64, advertisement, vehicles, photographs, card, photograph, postcards, vehicle, studebaker, autos, collectible, collectors, daytona, brochure, automobiles, 1964, dealer, prestige

Can't figure out how to make it show direct.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

First time I've seen it,great picture thanks.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
      Can't figure out how to make it show direct.
      sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

How did you do it, Dave? I did my usual of typing out the brackets, then finding the URL, copy, pasting it between the brackets and just got the red x.
        Last edited by Bob Andrews; 04-27-2011, 04:33 PM.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

That car would look good in Bermuda Brown!
          The ladies would. . . oh, never mind!

Comment

How did you do it, Dave? I did my usual of typing out the brackets, then finding the URL, copy, pasting it between the brackets and just got the red x.
            I followed your original link, right clicked on the background of the page, clicked, "view source," went up and clicked, "edit," then, "find on this page," and typed in ".jpg." (Because all you wanted to share was the picture, not the whole page.)

Then, I clicked, "next," until I found the URL for the image you wanted to share, and copied and pasted that URL into the browser to ensure it was right.

Once that was determined, I came back here, pasted that URL between the IMG brackets, and thar them thar gals were.

I have to agree with one of the comments on the original page you posted, which said, "I can't tell if they're having fun or careening toward their death..." <G>
            Last edited by Studedude; 04-27-2011, 05:04 PM.
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by mausersmth View Post
              That car would look good in Bermuda Brown!
              The ladies would. . . oh, never mind!
              Oh, go ahead and say it.

"These ladies are probably pushing a line barely +/- either side of 68 years of age by now, if not a wheel chair, or walker... if... IF... they survived that horrific crash.

Otherwise, they have probably been pushing up daisies for a while."
              Last edited by Studedude; 04-27-2011, 06:01 PM.
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

Great Pic Thanks for posting.

or maybe it was like this.
                Last edited by clonelark; 04-27-2011, 06:12 PM.
                101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

OK Dave, I forgot, different browsers do different things. Mine doesn't work like that. With mine you right-click the picture, then click 'Properties', then highlight and copy the URL, then come back to the brackets. Works most all the time, but not with Flickr. Thanks for the info anyway.

BTW, BOY, do those chrome headlight doors shine
                  Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

OK Dave, I forgot, different browsers do different things. Mine doesn't work like that. With mine you right-click the picture, then click 'Properties', then highlight and copy the URL, then come back to the brackets. Works most all the time, but not with Flickr. Thanks for the info anyway.
                    It's not a browser thing, it's a Flickr thing.
                    Last edited by Studedude; 04-28-2011, 05:14 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

Dave,
                      You're not crazy, I can confirm it's not a 'browser thing', as I have nine browsers on this machine. All nine will let you peek at source code if you care to, and that's at the root of your method.
                      Why nine browsers? To check web pages I've written with my trusty text editor.
                      What gets used? Chrome & Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by mausersmth View Post
                        Dave,
                        You're not crazy, I can confirm it's not a 'browser thing',
                        Dang it, Arnold, I was just beginning to like the idea that I might be crazy!

Now, I'm all disillusioned again.
                        Last edited by Studedude; 04-27-2011, 07:48 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Dave Lester

Comment

If it were a tan 1960 (and maybe a little updated clothing styles) it could be a picture of me and my sorority sisters in my convertible. I drove her all through college at Cal State Northridge in the mid-80s and I know there was more than one midnight raid of a fraternity house. Of course it was toilet paper in our hands streaming behind us back then after decorating a random frat house! Oh the memories that brings back!
                          sigpic
                          Michelle (Myer) Chernisky
                          Heart of Ohio Chapter, SDC
                          60 Lark Convertible & 64 Avanti

Comment

Working...
                          X