’65 Stude Ambulette at SB Jail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ’65 Stude Ambulette at SB Jail

I am sure some of you have been to the St. Joseph County Jail to see this one. Hopefully not for a long term stay.

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

OK, I'd drive it.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Well, if it was restored to operable condition, they will need to run it every once in a while. If that requires removal and re-installation of the building's windows, I suspect it will suffer its ultimate fate more slowly. On static display it should be devoid of fluids.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by Dan White View Post
        Hopefully not for a long term stay.
        It has already served a term or two... http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=joseph%27s

Craig

Comment

A nice car!
          I don't know how I missed the other post on this. I might have to check the car out sometime. I take it that it's across from the engineering building that's unfortunately being torn down now.
          I was wondering why they would have ordered a six cylinder in an ambulance but then I noticed the build sheet picture say VP4 which is a Commander V8. I guess they left the 8 emblems off the front fenders for some reason.
          John V.

Comment

Why would it have a radar antenna on it (pointing the wrong way, as well) if it's an ambulance?

Comment

Can't know, give em a call and ask em.

Comment

Working...
              X