AFB intake maifold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: AFB intake maifold.

Just how hard are the 289 AFB intake manifolds to come by and what can I expect to pay? I have another one of my hare brained ideas and the AFB intake is the only one I've seen that can possibly work for what I have in mind. Thanks.

Originally posted by Hippie View Post
    Just how hard are the 289 AFB intake manifolds to come by and what can I expect to pay? I have another one of my hare brained ideas and the AFB intake is the only one I've seen that can possibly work for what I have in mind. Thanks.
    Just sold one on ebay for $131, another going up in a day or two. You might be able to use the late two barrel, it's mostly the same basic casting, and can be converted.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

A half-dozen of our vendors here sell converted 2-bbl intakes for reasonable prices. As JDP said, same casting, just requires a bit of machining to put in the two rear holes.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Contact Bob Peterson. He has a t least 10 for sale.
        Good Roads
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I have a late 2 Bbl. intake and the carb pad isn't wide enough for what I'm planning but the AFB intake carb pad looks like it might be "just" wide enough. Hope so, I already have one on the way............

Comment

Got my intake, the pad is wide enough BUT the plenum isn't. I had hopes of machining it to accept a Q-Jet without an adapter. I didn't realize the heat crossover came up to the sides of the plenum and there's not enough material to do what I planned. I'll have it drilled with the Holley bolt pattern and use it with my 390 Holley so I can ditch the adapter plate on my current WCFB intake..

Comment

Working...
            X