Precision Systems TW Index Again at 20% Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precision Systems TW Index Again at 20% Off

Lulu Publishing is again having a 20% off sale through April 26th.

If anyone has been waiting for their tax refund check to step up and order the supremely-useful Precision Systems Turning Wheels Index, here's your opportunity to save 20%:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I went to the site, and found that there are two (2) volumes -- '72 thru '92, and '93 thru '09 -- regardless of whether you get the hardcopy or get the downloadable. I can understand having two volumes for the hardcopy, but do not understand why they would not combine both of them into one electronic version.

Bob (or anyone else), have you used the electronic versions? Are they simply 'dumb' .pdf copies of the hardcopy, or are they searchable .pdf (or other) versions? In other words, can you search on, for example, "overdrive" and step thru every page that the word "overdrive" appears in the document?
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
      I went to the site, and found that there are two (2) volumes -- '72 thru '92, and '93 thru '09 -- regardless of whether you get the hardcopy or get the downloadable. I can understand having two volumes for the hardcopy, but do not understand why they would not combine both of them into one electronic version.

Bob (or anyone else), have you used the electronic versions? Are they simply 'dumb' .pdf copies of the hardcopy, or are they searchable .pdf (or other) versions? In other words, can you search on, for example, "overdrive" and step thru every page that the word "overdrive" appears in the document?
      Paul: I'm sorry; I have no experience with the electronic versions and have not seen them. Perhaps others can answer those questions. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Is the index found on the SDC main page (click on Turning Wheels, then index) similar to what's offered in hard cover form from Lulu?
        Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnys Garage View Post
          Is the index found on the SDC main page (click on Turning Wheels, then index) similar to what's offered in hard cover form from Lulu?
          No, Skinny; they are completely different indexes. The Precision Systems Index is many times larger and infinitely more detailed / criss-crossed than the smaller index appearing in the SDC Home Page / Turning Wheels category. BP

Comment

Thanks for the info Bob. Just wanted to check before ordering them, I may try the electronic version.

Scott
            Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Thanks, I just ordered mine.
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I ordered the set a few weeks ago. I'm very happy with them.
                Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO

Comment

I just came back from checking my mail. Got the two volumes of Turning Wheels Index I ordered. Fantastic! Now I can research some of the info I need for some projects I need to take care of.

If I can get around to it,
                  I might try to find the contradictions about what transmission fluids work in the early automatic. If my memory serves me right, there have been many discussions about this over the years. I have always used type F, but I have also been told that today's type F is not the type F that it used to be.

The index looks great and should be a perfect companion to the decades of Turning Wheels I have accumulated.
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                    I just came back from checking my mail. Got the two volumes of Turning Wheels Index I ordered. Fantastic! Now I can research some of the info I need for some projects I need to take care of.

If I can get around to it,
                    I might try to find the contradictions about what transmission fluids work in the early automatic. If my memory serves me right, there have been many discussions about this over the years. I have always used type F, but I have also been told that today's type F is not the type F that it used to be.

The index looks great and should be a perfect companion to the decades of Turning Wheels I have accumulated.
                    Good, John; 'glad they arrived safely. You will find them useful.

As for Ford Type F fluid: You are correct, some refiners have tweaked the formula for one reason or another. The closest thing you can get to original-formula Type F is authentic Ford Motorcraft Type F at Ford dealers. BP

Comment

Working...
                    X