- Numbers matching
    - Build Sheet
    - Window sticker
    - #537588 factory high power kit
    - Full leather interior
    - Production order from 1955
    - Original owners manual and keys

link to mecum auction page with more photos:

Page Not Found. Here are some quick links to the top Mecum Auctions pages to get you back on track quickly.
    Attached Files

Only 4 barrel, dual exhaust Presidents and President Speedsters were 175 HP. 2 barrel, single exhaust Commanders were slightly less. (Same motor, different name)

Comment

I wonder what the "Window sticker" is. It is years too early for a factory price sticker (Maroney [sp] label). Perhaps it is one of the Richard Q. "specials".

It also uses terms like "Complete professional restoration" along with "Full leather interior" (in a Commander).
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I don't care if the white walls and wire wheels are incorrect. THAT is a snazzy car! Love the color.
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

That is indeed a striking 55. Very nice. Junior
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
            I don't care if the white walls and wire wheels are incorrect. THAT is a snazzy car! Love the color.
            I agree. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, what-so-ever, either, "wrong," or, "incorrect," about that car.

Now, there may be a few things that are not factory original, but that just makes it... non original. (I almost said, "Less than original," but I would have been both wrong, and incorrect in saying that. <G>
            Last edited by Studedude; 04-22-2011, 06:18 PM.
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

It looks like this car sold for the bargain price of $61,000.
              ---Kurt

Comment

They sure are pretty, but $61,000? Mine appraised in at $30,000 and it's really pretty, too. 100 cars per minute passed my driveway on the weekend and at least 30% of them hit the brakes and cranked their necks when they caught a glimpse of the car. A few stopped in with Studebaker stories of their own. And one very young driver asked the inevitable "Who makes Studebaker?"
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Very pretty, and completely unlike this monstrosity I saw the other day...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2389304221.html

Comment

I saw this 55 Commander at the Mecum auction. It was the star of the show. The factory production order was with the car, showing it was ordered with an option called the "high power kit" Thats why it had 185HP . This car was almost to nice to drive.

Comment

The standard Commander 259 with 2 bl and single exhaust was rated at 165 hp. They called that the Bearcat. The standard President 259 with 4 bl and dual exhaust was rated at 185. They called that the Passmaster. My 259 Bearcat is bored 30 over, balanced, and I have Don Simmons' stainless exhaust. I'm hoping for 168 hp!!!! So I guess a factory high power kit put a Passmaster in a Commander. So glad these cars are getting some respect.
                      Last edited by warrlaw1; 05-24-2011, 12:11 PM.
                      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                      X