Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemmings book of Studebakers

Has any purchased the book from Hemmings ----
    Hemmings Motor News Book of Studebakers, and what did you think about it? Amazon has new ones for $154 and used ones at $50 is the content worth the asking price and is there any info inside that we have already read before?

Tom
    sigpic

Seems to be a bit too steep in the price dept. Besides we get all the data/info we need free of charge right here!!!
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by FlatheadGeo View Post
      Seems to be a bit too steep in the price dept. Besides we get all the data/info we need free of charge right here!!!
      Agreed! I like collecting and reading various Studebaker literture but not at that asking price. Was just curious of the content.
      Tom
      sigpic

Comment

Gee. I think mine was less than $25 when new.
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

As I recall, they were initially $20. But recently Hemmings had them on sale for $10. I wrote, asking vendor price. No deal. I guess they are all gone at that $10 price because they are no longer listed.

John

Comment

here's one on ebay - with a few pics:
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I have not seen this book. Seeing who the editor/author is, I would be concerned about factual errors. I would gamble at $10 for this softbound book, but not $75 or more.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yes I have seen them on Ebay but still to expensive, maybe I'll fine a used one at South Bend Swap Meet for under $20.
                Tom
                sigpic

Comment

I can't believe that Amazon has the nerve to ask those outrageous prices for the Hemmings Studebaker book.
                  I bought that book a number of years ago for around 20 bucks and really enjoy it. I wouldn't, however, even consider paying their price for the book, or even close to that price. Of course that comes down to an individual's decision.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                  X