58 HT body in Omaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 HT body in Omaha

I'm afeerd it might have been settling into the dirt awhile But if it isn't too punky underneath it might be a good chance to get a hard-to-find car:

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Kind of looks like the one I'm picking up next Monday, cept' mine has two more doors.
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Comment

I looked at this car two years ago and ran the other way as fast as I could. At the time the V-8 engine was available, the owner said, and I did view it in a different location, but the crankshaft was bad, spun rod bearing he said. The car is about a mile from my house, sitting in a wooded area. It has an abundance of rust where the fins attach to the rear quarters. It is a Commander and it needs everything. Might be good for parts.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
        Kind of looks like the one I'm picking up next Monday, cept' mine has two more doors.
        And a better price!

Comment

Frank, that's good to hear, before anyone got serious about it. I'd love to have one ever since I saw the one JDP had.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob I have always wanted one too and missed out on a nice one a few years back. It was a one year only model and I really liked the design, except the dual headlight treatment. I have just today bought a different "one year only" model Studebaker. It is a 52 Commander Hardtop and I brought it home today.

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
            Frank, that's good to hear, before anyone got serious about it. I'd love to have one ever since I saw the one JDP had.
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
              Bob I have always wanted one too and missed out on a nice one a few years back. It was a one year only model and I really liked the design, except the dual headlight treatment. I have just today bought a different "one year only" model Studebaker. It is a 52 Commander Hardtop and I brought it home today.
              Very cool, Frank. Will we get pictures?? That's another car I love. Interestingly, as much as I love the 59-61 Larks, the HT in them is my least favorite. But then, I prefer the 62-3 HT. Strange, huh?
              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob some pictures will show up here when the weather gets better so I can get it cleaned up, its too cold for car washing,it has several years of storage crud and cob webs on it. I'll then e-mail pictures to someone here to post them since I'm too stupid to learn how to do it.

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                Very cool, Frank. Will we get pictures?? That's another car I love. Interestingly, as much as I love the 59-61 Larks, the HT in them is my least favorite. But then, I prefer the 62-3 HT. Strange, huh?
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                  And a better price!
                  I don't know. I may have to get a second mortgage just for gas money!!
                  Jamie McLeod
                  Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                  1958 Commander "Christine"
                  1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                  1955 Commander Sedan
                  1964 Champ
                  1960 Lark

Comment

Frank I'll be happy to post up the pics. Oh by the way I'll be vending right next to you in Springfield.

Comment

That will be fun, we'll get along fine. We will set up on Sunday after arriving on Saturday. I will send some pictures your way next week sometime, thanks Matt.
                      Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                      Frank I'll be happy to post up the pics. Oh by the way I'll be vending right next to you in Springfield.
                      Frank van Doorn
                      Omaha, Ne.
                      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Frank,

If you're ever willing to do it, I'd love to bring a camcorder down and shoot some video of your Studebaker collection. For that matter, I'd gladly come by to shoot footage of any Omaha Studebakers.
                        '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Yes sure anytime Jim. The Husker Chapter is sponsoring an Orphan car show in downtown Ralston on May 15th, there will be lots of Studes there from 9am on. Come on down if you are not working.
                          Originally posted by JimC View Post
                          Frank,

If you're ever willing to do it, I'd love to bring a camcorder down and shoot some video of your Studebaker collection. For that matter, I'd gladly come by to shoot footage of any Omaha Studebakers.
                          Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Frank,

I think I work on the 15th, but as odd as it seems, a lot of the girls in our house like old cars, so maybe we'll make a family outing out of it!
                            '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Working...
                            X