• Show
Clear All

• JDP must be on this one -

not a single interior picture

Comment

Looks like a great starting point...
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Someone should tell him how the overdrive works, ie freewheeling, pushing the OD lever IN, let off the gas at 35 or so etc. You might find this amusing but I have helped 3 people, who owned their cars for 'some time' achieve overdrive JUST by telling them to push in the lever, after explaining lockOUT, in=ON. One person never knew what OD stood for, and the other two thought it didn't work, because they 'pulled it out, but it never engages'.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B PEI View Post
          lock=OUT, in=ON.
          Just listen to the lyrics from Hot Rod Lincoln: "Took my foot off the gas and man alive, I shoved it on down into over drive"
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I'm watching it, but with all the time left it's too early to bid. Mostly, I'll watch it because we'll have two CK to list shortly ourselves.
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
              Just listen to the lyrics from Hot Rod Lincoln: "Took my foot off the gas and man alive, I shoved it on down into over drive"
              Hey Pat, sure, WE know that, but what if they were listening to something else at the time?

Comment

Quick question. The underside of the trunk lid in this '54 is different than mine. Mine has oval and round configurations for strength, his has rectangular. Why the difference? Later vs. earlier production time?
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bob54 View Post
                  Quick question. The underside of the trunk lid in this '54 is different than mine. Mine has oval and round configurations for strength, his has rectangular. Why the difference? Later vs. earlier production time?
                  Thanks
                  1953 C/K models had the rectangular holes in the reinforcement section. I do not remember when the change was made.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That car was originally listed with a $6500 BIN price. I was amazed it didnt sell before the bidding took the BIN away. Steve
                    sigpic

Comment

Bob - I used to own both a '54 and a '55 Champion sedan and they, too, had different trunk lid undersides. Both South Bend built, as well. Nobody had a good explanation. Anybody know if Stude switched suppliers and if so, why same dies could not be used? Or?
                      Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                      61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                      Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                      Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

When i first saw it it had a $5800 BIN, i was sure it wasn't going to last long.
                        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
                          When i first saw it it had a $5800 BIN, i was sure it wasn't going to last long.
                          I only sorry it after the BIN was gone, or I would have jumped on it.
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

If this was a 53 factory black car with scarlet vinyl interior, yall would have to get off your wallets
                            or it would be moving just a little farther down in Alabama.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                              1953 C/K models had the rectangular holes in the reinforcement section. I do not remember when the change was made.
                              Last edited by Studedude; 04-20-2011, 06:00 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                              X