X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, very nice for the price! 55 Commander coupe

Looks very nice for 5 Gs:

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have to agree. I somehow feel that's something's missing here. That's too good a price for such a nice looking car. But then again, it won't be the first time I was wrong.
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Hmm. Not a Regal, but deluxe trim, with twin exhaust and back up lights...somebody made a nice looking driver. Good price for sure.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Owner must want to sell fast-it was $9000 last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Bates View Post
          Owner must want to sell fast-it was $9000 last week.
          He had an auction a week ago last Saturday- must have a lesson in real life.
          Even stranger, here's the same car when I posted it a little over two months ago (look at the license plate). Commander, meet Maaco.
          BTW, it was/is a very decent car.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

The paint is extremely poor, Earl Scheib would be ashamed, the car was nicer before. Did not reach reserve at the auction- only bid to around $3k. The best car was the 55 Champion 4dr that sold for $600- very solid underneath, good fenders, supposed to run .A solid but needy 38 sedan sold for $2900.

Comment

Originally posted by Boothguy View Post
              The paint is extremely poor, Earl Scheib would be ashamed, the car was nicer before. Did not reach reserve at the auction- only bid to around $3k. The best car was the 55 Champion 4dr that sold for $600- very solid underneath, good fenders, supposed to run .A solid but needy 38 sedan sold for $2900.
              Sounds as if you attended the auction. What did the '55 3/4-ton pickup bring? I was tempted to see what kind of Studebaker parts were in the auction, but decided I didn't need any more and I had better things to do that Saturday.
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Pickup didn't sell- high bid was around $3k, I think. Highlight of the parts was a full flow 289w/ AT for $375

Comment

Working...
                X