Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified Studebaker at Kool April Nites, Redding Ca

Hi,

My husband and I were in Redding, CA this last weekend for Kool April Nites and fell in love with an awesome modified Studebaker. I was wondering if anyone knows who it belongs too?

Picture below
    Attached Files

Hello,
    I only live about 3000 miles away from that event and didn't have a couple of spare hours to attend. However, I noticed that you are new here and would like to extend a hearty welcome to you and your husband.

Are you folks Studebaker owners? Studebaker Drivers Club members? Pull up a chair and spend some time with us. This forum is kinda like a 24/7 campfire. Having new visitors and members makes it more difficult for us older folks to repeat our tired old boring stories.

It also gives us a chance to dazzle new folks with our wisdom (until you catch on and realize that we are not quite as smart as we think we are.)

So feel free to come and go as you please, but we hope you will stay and stoke the flames as much as your time permits.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Hi John,

My husband and I aren't owners of a Studebaker, but we were very impressed with the one we saw at last weekends event and would consider doing something like that. We are active in other car events here in Portland. We currently are members of the local BMW club and show our 3 BMWs. My husband is also into vintage Japanese motorcycles he builds and designs race engines. After this weekend we decided we wanted to get an classic American Car to round out our collection. Chris is a machinist so he would be able to easily build something we'd both enjoy.

Comment

Welcome that car was for sale on ebay awhile back here is a link for you.

It showed it bid up to $55,100. but reserve wasn't met. Whoa
        Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        The Prez 1955 President State
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
        Fresno,Ca

Comment

Originally posted by tattooed_girl78 View Post
          After this weekend we decided we wanted to get an classic American Car to round out our collection. Chris is a machinist so he would be able to easily build something we'd both enjoy.
          well, you came to the right place!!! welcome!!!

lots of active folks in your general area with lots of knowledge of all things studebaker. also check out The Studebaker Drivers Club main page:
          http://studebakerdriversclub.com/ don't have to have a studebaker to join, and get a awesome monthly magazine with info and cars for sale (which can also be seen here):
          http://studebakerdriversclub.com/classifiedads.asp also quite a few on ebay &http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cg...mit=++++go++++

again, welcome!
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Thank you Anne! It's a beautiful car! I'm sure it would go for a VERY pretty penny!

Comment

I have seen this car on the Ebay auction and it appears to be a very fine car that I wouldnt mine having in my stables, but think it would probably take two pretty pennies.

Tom
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman View Post
                Welcome that car was for sale on ebay awhile back here is a link for you.

It showed it bid up to $55,100. but reserve wasn't met. Whoa
                Hi Anne,
                A little off topic but I found a youtube video of you & your husband driving your Hawk for the first time I believe...that was cool.

Thanks for the batwing and my 57' GH is back home now solid!
                Jeff
                sigpic He's got the "car"...now if I can only get the Matchboxes back!

Comment

The best thing about this mega-buck custom is the fact that it gets driven on the streets. Kudos to the owner, because if my car was so flawless and detailed I may actually have a tough time taking it out on the road. Junior.
                  sigpic
                  1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercharged57 View Post
                    Hi Anne,
                    A little off topic but I found a youtube video of you & your husband driving your Hawk for the first time I believe...that was cool.

Thanks for the batwing and my 57' GH is back home now solid!
                    Jeff
                    I'm glad we could help you and that your GoldenHawk is now solid. Good to have another healthy one back on the road.
                    Mabel 1949 Champion
                    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    The Prez 1955 President State
                    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Working...
                    X