SO MANY STUDES AND SOO little money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO MANY STUDES AND SOO little money

I almost wish I had never know about all these Studebakers. What are these?

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
    What are these?

Nee-glected.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Looks like you could get lots of parts... There is alot of work to be done and money to be spent on any of those......

Comment

Tex, you're killing me!!! My wife already thinks I bleed Studebaker blood and now you keep teasing me with pictures. I guess I'll get my Rambo gear out and go Stude hunting.
        Jamie McLeod
        Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
        1958 Commander "Christine"
        1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
        1955 Commander Sedan
        1964 Champ
        1960 Lark

Comment

That '39 in front has my curiosity. My car has 4 lug wheels, and it looks like that one has 5, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
            That '39 in front has my curiosity. My car has 4 lug wheels, and it looks like that one has 5, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
            I don't know as much about the pre-war models as the post-war models, but I believe that Champions used four lugs and Commanders and Presidents used five lugs. I owned a 1940 President that I believe had five lugs on five inch bolt circle.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

i think in 51 they all started 5 bolt champs and commanders

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                I don't know as much about the pre-war models as the post-war models, but I believe that Champions used four lugs and Commanders and Presidents used five lugs. I owned a 1940 President that I believe had five lugs on five inch bolt circle.
                That's right. 39-50 Champions were all 4 lug. All other Studebaker cars (Commanders and Presidents) were 5 on 5" (which 1/2 ton truck models used from 37-64). All car models got a new, shared lug pattern in 1951; 5 on 4.5".

Comment

Working...
                X