Gas Mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Mileage

According to the sales lit. What is the gas mileage for a 4 bbl 289 Stude hawk with an automatic trans anyone know?

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

Is this one of those questions like what is this part? Leonard should have the answer to this one!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Is this one of those questions like what is this part? Leonard should have the answer to this one!

Lotsa Larks!
      Ron Smith
      Ron Smith

Comment

...ok-you got 87 octane vs. 95+ from the 60's. You probably have a "loose" carb and a less than "new" engine. You drive the car much different than done in the 60's, and you're not driving one of the vehicles prepped for the Mobil Economy Gas runs.......I'd say feel pretty good getting 12-14 mpg in that car of yours. I'm assuming you have a 3.31 R/A. Anything better than that will be extremely good...!

Comment

...ok-you got 87 octane vs. 95+ from the 60's. You probably have a "loose" carb and a less than "new" engine. You drive the car much different than done in the 60's, and you're not driving one of the vehicles prepped for the Mobil Economy Gas runs.......I'd say feel pretty good getting 12-14 mpg in that car of yours. I'm assuming you have a 3.31 R/A. Anything better than that will be extremely good...!

Comment

I recall driving a 1960 Champ 1/2 ton pick-up with a 289 4bbl and 3 spd. o/d trnsmission (on the freeway) in the late 1970's and getting 22 miles/US gallon - which I thought was pretty good. I was not as easy on the gas pedal back in those days...[8D]
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

I recall driving a 1960 Champ 1/2 ton pick-up with a 289 4bbl and 3 spd. o/d trnsmission (on the freeway) in the late 1970's and getting 22 miles/US gallon - which I thought was pretty good. I was not as easy on the gas pedal back in those days...[8D]
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Why can't new cars look so good doing it?
                It's all that plastic.[xx(] Quality materials show through kiddo!

Lotsa Larks!
                Ron Smith
                Ron Smith

Comment

quote:Why can't new cars look so good doing it?
                  It's all that plastic.[xx(] Quality materials show through kiddo!

Lotsa Larks!
                  Ron Smith
                  Ron Smith

Comment

Ok, I know that I'll get drilled here. Im not to sure about the Hawlks because I don't own one to drive daily. Anyway, My daily driver is a 63 Lark 2dr sedan, 289 four barrel, auto trans, Isky cam, Edlebrock
                    600 carb with 3:31 gears. From Northern Calif to Spokane Wa. in 05 It pulled on average 17 mpg @ 70mph on mid grade gas.

Gordon

Comment

Ok, I know that I'll get drilled here. Im not to sure about the Hawlks because I don't own one to drive daily. Anyway, My daily driver is a 63 Lark 2dr sedan, 289 four barrel, auto trans, Isky cam, Edlebrock
                      600 carb with 3:31 gears. From Northern Calif to Spokane Wa. in 05 It pulled on average 17 mpg @ 70mph on mid grade gas.

Gordon

Comment

quote:Is this one of those questions like what is this part? Leonard should have the answer to this one!
                        I can't find any literature that states gas mileage figures other than old Economy Run ads.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote:Is this one of those questions like what is this part? Leonard should have the answer to this one!
                          I can't find any literature that states gas mileage figures other than old Economy Run ads.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Working...
                          X