1920's or 1930's Fuel pump ID ? win a 1929 INDY 500 Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: 1920's or 1930's Fuel pump ID ? win a 1929 INDY 500 Picture

I'm looking at an NOS ? pump It is an AC pump, casting numbers are all I have. 855220 is cast onto the TOP of the sight bowl. 855223 is cast on the bottom of the pump cover. 1521977 is cast very small on the top. This is one old pump, I can tell by the staggered bolt patten.

I added pictures, the last picture is the 1929 Indy 500. The Studebaker pace car is to the far right. Person who can tell me what the pump is for will get a clear image emailed to them. Thanks

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by (S); 04-17-2011, 09:44 AM.

Its been 2 weeks. Bump

Comment

Well I finally got around to looking in my oldest MOTORS manual. No luck, but a suggestion.

My book is from during or at the end of WWII, and in the fuel pump section it lists the fuel pump numbers for all/most US brands from early 30's thru the date the book was printed. My later 50's books do not list this info. So, maybe you can find your application in an even older MOTORS book?

Also, please note that your number beginning with "152" seems to be the standard beginning of an AC fuel pump part number. My book had many higher, and a few lower, than 1521977, but did not show that exact number.

Comment

Mike,

According to a really old AC fuel pump catalog I have, the way to identify an AC pump is to find the 4-digit number stamped in the flange of the pump. There is then a formula to determine the full number, based on that number.

Is there any number stamped into the edge of the flange?
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

So, Mike.......was there a 4-digit number stamped on the flange?
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Yes, there is 1521780 stamped in the mounting flange. I notice near one of the sets of numbers above it says 'model B' Thanks so far!
            Last edited by (S); 04-23-2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X