Road trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road trip!

Going to Desert Center California on Thursday morning to deliver some 62 GT parts and meet a fellow Studebaker enthusiast...brngarage. I hope to post a few pictures of this momentous occasion. I wish I could trust my 62 and had enough room in the trunk for all the parts for this trip.

have a fun trip!!! sometimes, i miss living in the desert (6yrs. upper mojave). but the beach kinda makes up for that...
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Unfortunately, I won't be driving a Studebaker to meet JCLUVSU. Mine not only isn't roadworthy, it doesn't run yet. Still a fun trip to meet another Stuebaker fan and get some parts to help get my car "on the road again" See you Thursday!
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Went on the Road trip and found some interesting stuff. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcluvsu...7626500521214/

More interesting stuff about Desert Center...General Patton for one thing.

I for one had a great time meeting these two fellas Howard (brngarage) and Dennis (bluestudebaker), a great lunch in an old Mom & Pop Cafe and then afterwards just wandering around looking for a possible barn find. Some of the pictures were through dirty old windows.

Howard wanted one of the old gas pumps. I could see the look on his wife's face if he would have shown up with it.

The cafe is used sometimes for movies and TV shows. That was gonna happen this coming Saturday, good thing we went today.
        Last edited by jcluvsu; 04-14-2011, 08:43 PM.

Comment

neat stuff!!!
          in the mid '70's, i had in-laws living up in kingman. we went to oatman on the very old rt. 66. there were a ton of old cars on the sides of the road, apparently just left there by stranded travelers. always wanted to go back there and check 'em out. they're probably all gone by now...
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
          X