Just...Wow. A shortie Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just...Wow. A shortie Lark

I would love to see this in person. I think I really like it; reminds me of a Metropolitan:

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Interesting to say the least. Comes equipped with a Champ grille, too.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

someone in the area needs to check it out. If the structure is sound...this could be a ton of fun. Install a V8 coupled with a four speed and not much more than a foot long drive shaft!

What could Ted Harbit do with this on the strip? ('scuse me if I mis-spelled your name Ted.)

It is amazing what happens when someone with an imagination gets tools.
      Last edited by jclary; 04-11-2011, 04:33 AM.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Why don't people leave well enough alone?
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          I would love to see this in person. I think I really like it; reminds me of a Metropolitan:

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/2317343785.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	3k23m43l75Z25W35S0b4aa2664df1363e1b17.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	1667907 Click image for larger version

Name:	5224591000_d0b56ac0f2_s.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1667908 <------ My 57 Met
          Last edited by jcluvsu; 04-11-2011, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I would keep expecting a dozen clowns to climb out of it
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
              I would keep expecting a dozen clowns to climb out of it
              Why not...at least a half a dozen clowns have commented on it!
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Behind the side windows it looks a bit 'less than perfect' Makes me wonder about the other modifications.

Comment

I'm sure everybody knows that Jack Smith, former Studebaker designer and father of the Roadrunner, is an active SDC member. And many must have heard the story of the concept study he handed in, literally on his way out the door, for a "Scotty" small car based on existing components.

Well, this right here must be just about what she'd have looked like.

I went out with Rosemary Wellenough, in high school. I couldn't get people to leave Wellenough alone, either.

Comment

Bring in the Clowns &amp; Shriners

Two places for those cars to go, to the circus when it is in town and any parade the Shriner's are appearing in.
                    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Tough crowd today!
                      I sort of like it?? But it is the roof that makes it look like a clown car with bad workmanship. Lose the Roof (make it a convertible) Use a different windshield (one that was from a Convertible) and move the diff back 1" to 1 1/2". And this car could look like something. I would lower it too and add some rake and cool wheels.
                      Good Roads
                      Brian
                      Brian Woods
                      woodysrods@shaw.ca
                      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

And just think how many experts would come up and talk to you about the one granny or Dyno Don had just like it. There's fun to be had here.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgegaurd View Post
                          And just think how many experts would come up and talk to you about the one granny or Dyno Don had just like it. There's fun to be had here.
                          Yep, you could start another urban legend. Just tell the story that it was the "One-off " Lark built and presented to Studebaker by Toyota when they were trying to partner up with a U.S. company to break into the American market!
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jcluvsu View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]8652[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8653[/ATTACH] <------ My 57 Met
                            Awesome! A Met is on my 'someday' list, and how cool it would be to have this Lark and a Met parked side by side in the driveway<GG>

The more I look at it, the more intrigued I am. I'd never make the effort to build one, but if it wasn't 1000 miles or so away I'd grab it just for the heckuvit. Agree with bridgegaurd 100 percent, there is definitely fun to be had here I bet Rose Wellenough would go for a ride with me...
                            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                              Why not...at least a half a dozen clowns have commented on it!

LOL! LOVE that!
                              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X