Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ballpark figure on a 1964 Hawk GT R2 4-speed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballpark figure on a 1964 Hawk GT R2 4-speed??

I saw one in a local ad. All I know so far is that car has older restoration and is a good driver. I was thinking these cars were pretty rare... Thanks for any ideas.
    edp/NC
    \'63 Avanti
    \'66 Commander

Originally posted by edpjr View Post
    I saw one in a local ad. All I know so far is that car has older restoration and is a good driver. I was thinking these cars were pretty rare... Thanks for any ideas.
    Hi Ed, nice to meet you today at Autofair (the guy with the other turquoise Avanti!) You have a beautiful R-2, with the band-aid interior which is pretty rare.

I've had a '63 R-2 four-speed GT since 1988 - bought it in Kannapolis from Bill Bailey, a retired IBM engineer. It's a keeper for sure. Hard to put a value on anything with out seeing it, ballpark or otherwise, but according to Jon Myers who has seen my car, fully restored to SDC National standards it would be worth 35 to 40,000. Probably around 15 to 20,000 for an average example. If you see it, take some pictures and post them. If you want, I can go look at it since it's local. I'm not interested in buying it, since I already have one but I know these cars quite well. If it's a Super Hawk (rear sway bar, traction rods and 160 mph speedo, which was also added to some non-Super Hawks, like mine, it's a little more collectable. I seem to remember all Avanti powered 64 GTs were Super Hawks, but it's been a while since I thought about it. Russ Farris
    Last edited by maxpower1954; 04-09-2011, 08:49 PM.
    1963 GT Hawk R-2 4-speed
    1964 Avanti R-1 Auto

Comment

Working...
    X