PDA

View Full Version : Clock Installation

61LaRk4dr
09-05-2006, 03:48 PM
A few days ago I aquired a clock form a friend for a 1957 president. The clock is about 2.5 inches across. I know these clocks were used for many years in the lark types (with cosmetic alterations), but my question is:

How does a clock on a 61'/62'lark mount? is it different than a 57'/58'? On the back of my dashboard there are no mounting screws or anything where the clock goes. Yet this clock that I aquired has to tabs that are supposed to slide over screws that are welded in the back of the dashon a 57'.

The mannual and parts catalog mention nothing or even show a clock (guess they didn't want to sell many).

I hope I didn't just thoroughly confuse everyone and thank you in advance for any advice that can be supplied.

Roscomacaw
09-05-2006, 04:18 PM
I believe your car's rightful clock had a threaded stud or two on the back of it's case just like the speedo and cluster gage do. The either a 1-piece clamp OR two seperate clamps fit onto those studs and then had nuts tighten up on them until the clamps held tight against the backside of the dash panel. ;)

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

KGlowacky
09-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Are you sure it is a Lark clock. It sounds to me to be a clock out of a sedan or wagon. I really don't know if there is a difference but I do know while looking for my clock for my 56 wagon, the wagon and sedan clocks are unique. I am looking at mine right now and it is exactly as you discribe. Does yours have a cream face(57) or a black face(56). Again just a thought because I do not know what a Lark requires. Good Luck.