looking for bumper bracket for 28 President FA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for bumper bracket for 28 President FA

Hello, I am looking for a RR Bumber bracket for a 28 President. only need the outer part, not necessarely the piece attached to the spring shackle. I will take what I can recieve. I need 1 exterior door handle, and 1 window crank.

might also try aaca - antique studebaker forum. http://forums.aaca.org/f126/
    Last edited by Corvanti; 04-08-2011, 08:46 AM.
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Posting here is OK. When looking for things that old, the more eyeballs you can get on your requests, the better.

It would help if you could post some pictures. Some of us may have a jar or two of old door handles and window cranks but not know what they fit.

If you can't find the bumper bracket, consider taking some of the flat-iron from a junk car (probably don't have to be Studebaker) and fabricating one using the bracket on the other side of your car as a pattern. Even a leaf from a set of old car springs could be used. Just heat it enough to bend the angles you need, let it air cool, drill your holes and you're good to go.

When you get a chance...post some pictures of your car!...We love pictures!
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
        might try aaca - antique studebaker forum. http://forums.aaca.org/f126/
        oops... forgot the "also" after "might"... fixed it
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
        X