Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopped 1963 Lark Custom 2dr in Hop Up

Scroll about halfway down this link once you open it:

Hot rods are something you either love or hate. Some people think they are a wonderful way to make a new cool car out of something old and dilapidated. Others feel that you destroy the original car when you make a hot rod.

The car isn't done and I'm not too keen on radical mods...but having gone this far, how about finishing it, lowering the suspension, and putting on a set of large-diamater wheels and skinny meats?
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Not my cup of tea.
    Tom
    sigpic

Comment

Reminds me of what Bertone did to the 260 series Volvo to create the 262C.

Craig

Comment

Cool shots..
        Wonder how many of those MORMON METEOR's were made ? By the pictures title, at least three.

The Peterson Muesum in Los Angeles also has one. It's either not restored, or maybe was restored a LONG time ago.

Interesting way of chopping the top.. Just move the whole thing foward, in one piece.. No filler pieces that way, except for the package tray area. Wonder if they did the front the same way. Couldn't see any primer spots near the front of the roof where they could have stretched that area.

Mike

Comment

It is interesting.

Comment

Not something I would tackle, but it shows promise!
            Most chop jobs look better on paper, this one could make a decent looking car.

Comment

Would like to see some other photo angles for sure.

Really laid the back glass forward didn't it.
              Here's to hoping the car gets finished, and not photographed outside
              because good donor glass couldn't be found.

Hey at least they fixed that rust on the trailing edge of the front fenders.
              Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 04-07-2011, 08:10 AM.
              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

I like it. With that rear window layed down, and tail-dropped stance it's a natural for a 60's style lead sled tribute to the Mercs of the early 50's. This car has a lot of potential. Junior
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Wow, I really like that!
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I like it better than any stock '63 Lark I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                    X