Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Look-Alike

1949 Lancia Aprilia 1500 Monviso

I found it interesting that not only does the rear of the roof line look familiar, so do the rear fenders.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Artillery style wheels, to boot!
    Looks like an old Hillman nose on there...
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

You don't suppose Raymond Loewy (sp?) was moonlighting, do you?

Comment

Here's another one: 1951 Eucort Victoria
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Wow!! A Studebaker with Buick Portholes!!!
          1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I looked in Google images and the original 1951 Eucort Victoria had neither the Buick portholes, not the Studebaker bulletnose. It was a much more 'pedestrian' car. I say pedestrian with feeling, because according to some technical specs I saw, 0-62 (ie 0-100 kph) took *90* seconds!!!!! The 1/4 mile was 27+ seconds. I feel there might be an error in some translation of stuff.... Mind you, it had a pretty small 2 stroke 3 cylinder engine. I wonder if the slower times were for the woodie wagon version?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B PEI View Post
              Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
              That was exactly my thought when I saw the initial post, before I scrolled down and saw your post Jim.

Wouldn't it be a hoot to have one of these and show up at a Studebaker meet with it.

It would be very interesting to just hang around and listen to the comments of the "Uninformed" as they panned your lousy custom job, or merely wondered, "what year did they make that one?" ...or even better...claim, "An uncle of mine had one just like it!"
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Wouldn't it be neat to graft the front end clip from the '51 Eucort to the '49 Lancia? I bet you'd have the SDC judges stumped for at least a half hour. stupak

Comment

Very interesting. That Lancia is almost eerie looking. I guess that impersonation is indeed the sincerest form of flattery.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post

1949 Lancia Aprilia 1500 Monviso

I found it interesting that not only does the rear of the roof line look familiar, so do the rear fenders.
                    HEY...April Fools was three days ago! Wow. That's amazing. The greenhouse looks identical to our favorite Starlight.
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                      You don't suppose Raymond Loewy (sp?) was moonlighting, do you?
                      Should be noted, Loewy Studios was not a Studebaker employee. They were contracted by several European manufacturers as well. No exclusivity there.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Wasn't there a thread earlier about a french car that actually used the exact rear window from a starlight coupe? I think it may have been this same car...the thread had a write up from 1952 explaining how they used the Studebaker windows in one of thier prototype studies...

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                          Wouldn't it be a hoot to have one of these and show up at a Studebaker meet with it.
                          Or how about this one?? http://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?title=ZIS_-_112

Craig

Comment

That ZIS-112/1 needs a bed to make a ranchero/camino version!
                            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                              HEY...April Fools was three days ago! Wow. That's amazing. The greenhouse looks identical to our favorite Starlight.
                              That is very cool, and I LOVE the artillery wheels. I was actually thinking of going with a set for my car at a later time. Now I know sort of, what it would look like...
                              sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
                              Regal Deluxe Trim
                              Automatic transmission
                              46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

Working...
                              X