Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Lark Wagon

Hi all,
    Been lurking for a while, getting ready to dive back into Studebakers. My Dad has Studebakers when I was growing up, and always wanted to get back into them
    Wel, over the years I have had many cars, and now that my family is bigger, we want to get something that we all can enjoy, so we are looking for a decent lark wagon, preferably a 63 Wagonaire.

If anyone sees a decent one out there please let me know as we have been looking for a while.

I also have a nice Porsche 914 with a Chevy 302 that I am getting rid of to help with the purchase.

Thanks and here sto getting back into Studebakers!
    Mark

Welcome Mark!

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Mark, we are always happy to see new potential members, you can join us and receive the excellent Turning Wheels Monthly publication at a first year discount at the top of these pages.

In order to know if a sale is doable, we would need to know the City and or at least the State where you are, it can be added to your profile.

I guess you would want a turn-key or almost so, Car right?
    Will a '64 to '66 Wagonaire work?
    Does it have to be Automatic?

You came to the RIGHT place, I am sure someone can help.

Comment

Just a thought: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2301046789.html

Comment

Hi Mark-

Can you use a decent candidate for restoration? It's in PA, 64 V8 with sliding top. All there and ran recently but will need restoring. Can be bought right. I'm going this coming weekend to buy it an rescue but will be glad to pass it on to you instead. Of course it depends how close you are to PA and if you want to restore one.
        Last edited by Bob Andrews; 04-03-2011, 01:08 PM.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Hi Guys,
          Thanks, Im looking for something thats pretty decent, i've done plenty of restos and customs, its time to get something that we can work on a bit while we enjoy. Work has been crazy,not a bunch of free time (more on that later, we have a custom instrument business) so I really need something thats turn-key. I have a 35 Chevy Master that I have been working on for a while, so a project would get me in trouble.
          Trying to get a pre-64, but I gues we could stick a 63 front clip on a later model. Idelally a 63, doesn't have to be original, just a decent driver.
          We are in Detroit, but can have a car delivered or we can pick up with our car hauler
          Mark

Here's the 914 I need to unload as well, 72 914 w/ a 425HP Chevy 302, It was featured in Hot Rod a couple of years ago; yes I like to be different:

Last edited by marks914; 04-03-2011, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Fair enough, I'll keep an eye peeled! I prefer the 63s too. Welcome and good luck!
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Mark, take a look at this one. Might be just the ticket for you:

Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                Mark, take a look at this one. Might be just the ticket for you:

http://compare.ebay.com/like/3206800...sort=BestMatch
                Yes, i saw that one, keeping my eye on it

Comment

just goes to show you a central Tx car can get pretty rusty before it gets there.....most of the time they are near rust-free.....Must have come from Houston or Galvy

Comment

There is a nice Lark wagon (custom interior) coming up on auction in Elizabeth, Illinois at the end of July. If I had room (and permission) I would be bidding on it; might anyway!

Comment

Took a look at those, definatly look pretty decent, hopefull will not have to wait that long though. Sold the Porsche on saturday, so we have a budget to work with.
                      Mark

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                      There is a nice Lark wagon (custom interior) coming up on auction in Elizabeth, Illinois at the end of July. If I had room (and permission) I would be bidding on it; might anyway!
                      http://vanderbrinkauctions.com/aucti...2&allimages=NO

Comment

I was just going to mention that very auction.
                        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Anyone have any tips when looking at a lark/wagon? Any specific problem areas to look for? It seems every car has its problem areas the newbies overlook
                          I am aware of the obvious stuff, looking for any lark/wagon specific things that may be a potential deal breaker. I found a couple of cars, bit of a drive, but may be worth it.
                          We are also going to the meet in South Bend this weekend, hoping to get some insight there as well
                          Thanks
                          Mark

Comment

Here is one. http://fargo.craigslist.org/cto/2353062585.html
                            sigpic
                            '89 Ford Festiva
                            '90 Ford F250 4x4
                            '18 Kia Soul
                            '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                            '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Yeah, saw that one, emailed the guy a couple of times and never heard back, maybe I will call this morning
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X