Dashboard Secret Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard Secret Revealed

Lark VIII girl has a new Chevrolet demonstrater furnished and changes cars often. When she told her good friend who rents a lot of cars about the dashboard secret he was so susprised!

So who did not know of this and What do you think now?

Husband of Lark VIII girl

Well, I had to check it out. Normally in the everyday driver I just know what side it is. However this tip, in a rental car, or a car your not familiar with, could indeed help you out.

Mine has the arrow indicating the fuel cap side. I'd be curious when this practice started, And for those Late 70's Cadillac and other rear fueling vehicles (hu hummm larks ) hidden under the license plate....what then.

Lil pic of a rear.

Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 04-03-2011, 10:20 AM.
    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lark8girl View Post
      http://www.philseed.com/secret.html

Lark VIII girl has a new Chevrolet demonstrater furnished and changes cars often. When she told her good friend who rents a lot of cars about the dashboard secret he was so susprised!

So who did not know of this and What do you think now?

Husband of Lark VIII girl

Old secret, and also untrue:

JDP Maryland

Comment

Fords have had the arrow since the 90s....
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Mine has the arrow indicating the fuel cap side. I'd be curious when this practice started, And for those Late 70's Cadillac and other rear fueling vehicles (hu hummm larks ) hidden under the license plate....what then.
          Easy, just pull ahead of the pump in whatever orientation you feel like, and shove it in the rear. It makes life easier at the pump, especially when you're about out of fuel, and there's no other spots available .
          1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
          X