Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Routing of Bendix power steering hoses on a 64 GT Hawk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: Routing of Bendix power steering hoses on a 64 GT Hawk?

My GT Hawk was disassembled in 1974 and I have started to put it together again. When looking in the shop manual and the chassie parts book on the hoses between the control valve assy and the pump the steel tubes seems to go forward from the control valv assy. But my old ones and the new ones bought from S.I. starts with bending bakwards before going to the pump. Is there anybody who have simular routing and can supply me with information and some photos? And where on the steering box should the clamp for the hoses be assembled?
    Jan Wikstrom

1957 Silver Hawk HT
    sigpic

Originally posted by jwikstro View Post
    My GT Hawk was disassembled in 1974 and I have started to put it together again. When looking in the shop manual and the chassie parts book on the hoses between the control valve assy and the pump the steel tubes seems to go forward from the control valv assy. But my old ones and the new ones bought from S.I. starts with bending bakwards before going to the pump. Is there anybody who have simular routing and can supply me with information and some photos? And where on the steering box should the clamp for the hoses be assembled?
    I'm not sure I fully understand your question but here are pics of PS on my 63 GT Hawk. The motor was out for tranny work and, hopefully was able to get adequate pics for your question. If you need any more pics let me know with next 12 hrs as motor goes back in Monday morning in Virginia, USA. Ken, Deltaville Va.
    Attached Files

Comment

Ken, What color is the paint on your 63 GT Hawk?
      Allen

Comment

Originally posted by satdoc2 View Post
        Ken, What color is the paint on your 63 GT Hawk?
        Allen
        Allen, it's red moondust Dupont Chromebase 5332K, Depth of color depends on how many coats and color of sealer, in this case sealer was 3 coats of Chromaseal 2K Dark Grey, and 4 coats of color with 5 coats of chroma clear 7900S. The most expensive and time consuming paint I have dealt with. I did it as it was supposed to change depth of color as light changes; if it does that I can't tell. Ken
        Last edited by ken-renda; 04-05-2011, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Ken,
          Your routing correspond with the routing in the shop manual. I have now learned that the hoses for 59 -> 63 was the same, but for some reason the routing was changed for 64 (see photos). Thanks for your support anyway.
          Sad to say I stiil need help from some one with a 64 GT Hawk.
          Attached Files
          Jan Wikstrom

1957 Silver Hawk HT
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X