PDA

View Full Version : Update from BondoBilly

mbstude
03-31-2011, 03:15 PM
I'd sent BillieGee (As I've always call him; "Bill G.") an email asking about him, and letting him know how pleased I am with the shirt he and Ellen did for my SDC Chapter. Here's his reply.

We did the golf shirt with the embroidered logo.

I am still in the hospital..., get those CASO guys to pray harder

This is no fun. Since Dec. 15, 2010 I've only been home Eleven days.

All of Winter and part of Spring in the hospital.

BilleeGee

Sent from my iPhone

Hang in there, Bill. There's a lot of us CASO guys pullin' for ya.

BobPalma
03-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Continued prayers and best wishes your way, Bill. Hang tough! BP

Bob Andrews
03-31-2011, 04:45 PM
Best wishes from the NON-CASOs as well to one of our favorite people. In fact, one of our favorite couples in the Club! Get well soon, my friend!

raprice
03-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Bill,
I know it's easy for me to say "hang in there," but it's nevertheless sincere. You're one of the good guys in this hobby and I can speak for the Long Island Region that we wish you a complete recovery. Best to Ellen.
Rog

barnlark
03-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Miss your emails, Bill. We all hope you are out of there soon.

Glad you have an iPhone in there at least. Try that camera out on some of the nurses... make good use of your time. They have to be well amused by you by now. Stretch will understand that you need to keep up your camera skills. ;);)

Deaf Mute
04-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Hang in there Bill.... there IS light at the end of the tunnel!
My cast is now off, I have graduated from a walker to crutches... and working at attempting to get around with just a cane. Physical therepy has started on the ankle and I am still planning to be selling hood supports in South Bend!

Bill Pressler
04-01-2011, 02:18 PM
More prayers your way, Bill, and also for Ellen. Get out of there!

bondobilly
04-01-2011, 08:59 PM
I am really home and appreciate the
Cards and e-mails Hardest part is learning to walk and
Climb stairs again. Very hard since I have been off my feet since
Jan 19

Bottom line is I had pneumonia which went to an untreatable form until they
Used steroids which made me diabetic.
I am not on insulin as yet and hope not to be be but
Do the finger stick twice a day

I am going to order vanity plates that read
"PIN CUSHIN"

Nice to be home and grateful for
for the post, letter, cards, and e-mail.
Ellen was so taken back she
was drawn to tears

Thanks again
Bill & Ellen G

JRoberts
04-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Bill, it is so good to have you back posting here that I too am almost drawn to tears. It is really great to have you back with us. Our prayers have been answered. Take care, do what the docs say and don't worry too much about pricking your fingers twice a day. Believe me you will get used to it.

mbstude
04-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Glad you're back home, Bill! Dang, 'bout time. <grin>

Mark57
04-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Bill - Good to hear and read you are home safe and sound! :cool::)

barnlark
04-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Glad you're finally home, Bill. Has to really feel great to be back in your own bed. One full day of out-patient duty is too much for me. Good luck getting yourself back to normal. Hopefully it will be warm soon and you can get outside to enjoy it again.

Jim B PEI
04-02-2011, 09:23 AM
It is so darn good to hear that! These modern variants on old diseases can be pretty tough to shake now that they have been around antibiotics and the like for 50 odd years. A couple of jabs a day to monitor your sugars is not too high a price to pay for being back home with Ellen where you need to be; 'tis only a shame that if that was the result, that they didn't get the steroids to you just a bit sooner. Building up the leg muscles and stamina again after a way too long bedrest is the pits, but at least Spring and nicer weather is coming on.

CHAMP
04-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Great news Bill. I was just the Hospital for one and a half days and that was way to long for me!

Orestudeguy
04-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Glad to hear that your feeling better and are now home. You were missed. Hope to hear that you are getting better as the days go by..

studelark
04-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Bill, it is so heart-warming to hear this news. When you have so many sincere and hardcore guys as those here praying and pulling for you, it's hard not to get better. A lot of prayers and best wishes have been flowing to you since January.

I know a little of what you been through. I was down with one of those 'bugs' from August through mid-March from a total knee replacement. Sometimes I wish I had the old knee back!!! I was only in the hospital for three weeks, a nursing home for six weeks for antibiotic therapy, and since then at home on continuing antibiotic and physical therapy. There is always hope if we keep a positive attitude and we have the love, support and prayers of our family and friends. Best wishes to you, Bill. YOU HAVE A WHOLE COMMUNITY OF STUDEBAKER NUTS IN YOUR CORNER!!!

Frank Drumheller
Locust Grove, VA
60S-W6
1948 M16-52 Boyer-bodied fire truck

raprice
04-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Bill,
Fantastic news to hear that you're back home. You've been through quite an ordeal, but I'm sure you'll be back doing car stuff soon. Your timing is perfect. We should be getting REAL Spring weather soon.
Best regards from the guys in the Long Island Chapter.
Roger Price

Warren Webb
04-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Joy & I too are glad your home Bill. I was thinking of you the other day wondering how you were doing & here you are! With you in spirit on your road to recovery. Joy & Warren Webb

52 Ragtop
04-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Bill,
Glad you made it back home again!! We've ALL been prayin' for you!

Jim

BobPalma
04-02-2011, 10:48 PM
cool beans! bp

Anne F. Goodman
04-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Well let me add my two cents to the pot. Great news there is nothing like being back in your own bed. Ellen must be thrilled. Just take your time don't rush yourself. Fantastic News