Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't they around anymore?

Post has been deleted by author
    Last edited by MyStude_51; 03-30-2011, 06:18 PM.

The simple answer really isn't being a smart-a**; it's just being honest: Because not enough people bought them.

It doesn't get any simpler than that! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

My thought is, they fell victim to the price wars between the big three and were not able to compete price wise. This led them to make decisions to just make minor cosmetic changes to the cars and not make the technical changes and do the R&D to keep up with other advancements. They were essentially still using a 14 year old frame and suspension design at the end. And as you said, they made some gambles that did not pay off. Though the Lark kept them alive for a while until the big three caught up with their Nova, Falcon and Dart/Valiant. Those are things I tell people if they want that much info.
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        The simple answer really isn't being a smart-a**; it's just being honest: Because not enough people bought them.

It doesn't get any simpler than that! BP
        That's the simple answer. I don't have to defend it anymore. I just had to get it off my chest. I guess you work so hard on something that you think everyone can appreciated it, but sometimes its not the case.
        Thanks for your response.
        Glenn

Comment

Working...
        X