WTB: Studebaker Batteries Advertising Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: WTB: Studebaker Batteries Advertising Clock

Hi, Gang. I would like to purchase a 15" square, "Studebaker Batteries" advertising clock. The clock need not work, but I would like the face to display fairly well.

Please private message me through the forum, or call 715-341-6188, if you have one available. Thanks, much. John in Wisconsin
    Last edited by Jolly-John; 03-30-2011, 01:30 PM.

I have a Thermometer Like that , I didn't know they made a clock ?

Comment

Originally posted by jts359 View Post
      I have a Thermometer Like that , I didn't know they made a clock ?
      Yep, they did.

Comment

There have been two on ebay in the last few months. The first went for something like $350 the second ended $260. They are out there. Expensive! IMHO

Mark

Comment

I knew they had an association with Willard batteries. I have some old ads for Willard batteries that feature Studebakers. When did they start offering private labeled batteries? Were they supplied by Willard?
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            I knew they had an association with Willard batteries. I have some old ads for Willard batteries that feature Studebakers. When did they start offering private labeled batteries? Were they supplied by Willard?
            In 64 they went to Studebaker batteries made by Prestolite. The clocks and thermometer were repoped in some quantity about 30-40 years ago just by asking the company on the back to do another run. Mine fell off the wall about 10 years ago I think I trashed it. I also have a broken Studebaker neon in the attic that I should get repaired.
            JDP Maryland

Comment

I made one reproduction face for one of these clocks, have the artwork done. It was tedious to do; I'm not ready to take on another one just now, since I am behind on several other projects. The tough part is putting down the transparent white paint over the back side of the glass after putting the markings on. Some of these same Art Clock Company clocks with different graphics turn up on Ebay with lower prices than for Studebaker clocks. One of those could be converted if there was a good way to put the white paint on. Of course, the white and markings peeled off the original clocks, too.

Gary Ash
              Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
              ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
              '48 M5
              '65 Wagonaire Commander
              '63 Wagonaire Standard
              web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Working...
              X