Grundy Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grundy Insurance

Has anyone dealt with Grundy insurance? I got an online quote of $98 a year for full coverage on a $10,000 value for a 57 Silver Hawk. Unlimited mileage, parts, towing, etc. Best price I came up with but I do not know about their service. Anyone have any experience with them? Thank

We have had Grundy insurance for about 1 1/2 years. We were on our way home from a cruise in, on the highway, and we got a rock chip in the windshield. We have a 1958 Stude pickup. We contacted Grundy, they said to get a new windshield, new rubber for the windshield, have it installed, and they will reimburse for that amount. We faxed them the invoices on the products, and we had a check within 3 days. There are other people that we know, that is on the H.A.M.B. board, that have it, and they have had cars that have burnt and they have paid off immediately. We have no complaints about our experience with Grundy. They are cheaper, and there is no real mileage limits. They just do not want you to drive it to work everyday, or use it as an everyday vehicle. Thanks Dusty

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Dusty, Thanks for the input. It sounds like the way I will go. As soon as the weather clears enough for me to take photos to send them I will sign up. Thanks again

Comment

I also have Grundy, no claims so far but have heard nothing but good reports from others. The premiums and benefits are both excellent.

Pat
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Make sure when you take out your policy that the value is an estimated amount and it is not a STATED AMOUNT policy. I worked in insurance claims for 13 years with 3 different companies and the number of people who thought they had an estimated amount policy on a collector car and who actually had a stated amount policy was pretty big. The difference is that an estimated amount is what they estimate the value of your car to be and what they base the premium on, that does not mean you will get that amount if something happens to the car, they will do a market survey to find the value. A Stated Amount policy means the most they will pay you for the value of the car is that stated amount, but that doesn't guarantee you will receive that amount, you still have to prove the value with a market survey. Just an FYI.
          sigpic
          Michelle (Myer) Chernisky
          Heart of Ohio Chapter, SDC
          60 Lark Convertible & 64 Avanti

Comment

I have used Grundy for a number of years. Only used once for a windshield, they handled it quickly. Best rates I could find and great service.
            64 Champ long bed V8
            55/53 Studebaker President S/R
            53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Agreed Value (rather than Stated Value) is the term that you need to see.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                Agreed Value (rather than Stated Value) is the term that you need to see.
                As far as I have seen, All Grundy Policies are Agreed Value. Basically you tell them what the car is worth, they may ask you for photos, or an appraisal if your amount seems exceedingly high and the premium is based on that value. If the car is completely destroyed, that is what they will pay.

Pat
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I have had Grungy since 1982,Claims were handled well,excellent service.
                  Steve
                  36 Dictator cpe
                  36 ST.regis custom 2dr sedan R-2
                  37 Coupe express R-2
                  50 Champion convert
                  54 champion cpe
                  59 3/4 p/up 4wd
                  63 Custom R-2
                  63 GT hawk R-2 Motor Trend Hawk/Chicago Show Car
                  63 Avanti R-2
                  63 Avant1 R-2
                  64 Commander R-1
                  64 Challenger R-3
                  58 Packard hawk
                  64 Champ
                  2-63 Wagonaire's
                  62 E40 Transtar
                  55 3/4 T pickup
                  64 Daytona
                  Brand X :
                  70 Duster 340,56 Chevy Del Ray,49 Jeepster,58 Plymouth Belvedere,67 IH Travelall,58 IH Golden Anniversary

http://www.studebakersteve.com

Comment

How about an address for this grundy ins co. haven,t been able to find it on the big E. Mac

Comment

Grundy specializes in classic and collector car Insurance plus offers a full range of insurance products to cover all your motor vehicle needs and more!

when i was looking for insurance, some companies would not write a policy in my state (NC). i went thru the whole app. process with one company, got a call a few days later stating they don't write policies in NC. had to start over...

FWIW: grundy was about twice as much as infinity. 10,000miles/yr. $14,000 agreed value. got to have a locked storage (garage,etc.) for the car. and it was a semi-local agent (raleigh)...
                      Last edited by Corvanti; 03-30-2011, 07:05 AM. Reason: more info
                      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Grundy specializes in classic and collector car Insurance plus offers a full range of insurance products to cover all your motor vehicle needs and more!
                        Mabel 1949 Champion
                        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                        Gus 1958 Transtar
                        The Prez 1955 President State
                        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                        Fresno,Ca

Comment

I've had them for a couple of years. No claims yet but no problems either.
                          Rick
                          Kingman, AZ

Comment

Working...
                          X