Lowered reserve on 62 Lark 2 door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered reserve on 62 Lark 2 door

We lowered the reserved to a couple of hundred under our investment in this nice, little driver, but we're running out of time. Yep, it's a sedan and only a six, and I get it, but I'm hoping closer to 3K to break even.

JDP Maryland

I would think that $3000 would be "all the money" on this car even though it is a nice car.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      I would think that $3000 would be "all the money" on this car even though it is a nice car.
      I agree, we did not expect much of a profit, but hope to not lose much more than the ebay fees in the end. We agreed to move Pat's collection, not make money on each car. Win some, lose some.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

I felt it was on the money at 3K ans still think it will do that plus. It's the kind of car that's good for say a family guy with college funds and mortgage that wants to putz around a little without breaking the bank.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          I felt it was on the money at 3K ans still think it will do that plus. It's the kind of car that's good for say a family guy with college funds and mortgage that wants to putz around a little without breaking the bank.
          Or better yet, a young family with a mortgage and college fund, who stumble upon the car and have a simultaneous epiphany realizing that for not a lot of money, they could have tons of family fun without putting their economic future at risk. You know, like Tracy, John, & kids who occasionally brighten our day posting on the forum. I especially enjoy seeing a whole family participating in the experience.

It is a rare occurance, but fun to watch when it happens.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Makes me wonder how much an identically equipped 1963 Lark would bring in this same condition. Had this been a '63, I may have placed a bid.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I see that it closed/sold at $2650 with a Zero feedback bidder. The "Zero" is just an observation. It may be good, bad or okay, that is for John to find out.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                I see that it closed/sold at $2650 with a Zero feedback bidder. The "Zero" is just an observation. It may be good, bad or okay, that is for John to find out.
                The bidder is the guy raised in South Bend, now in Alabama, he's paid for the car and on the forum as a newbie now. See my "small world" thread.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
                  The bidder is the guy raised in South Bend, now in Alabama, he's paid for the car and on the forum as a newbie now. See my "small world" thread.
                  Thanks. I read that other topic/thread after I posted my comment. As we both know, that Zero can be good or bad.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

We were all ZERO'S once
                    Dave Pink
                    Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
                    1925 ER Tourer
                    1925 Panel Delivery
                    1953 Champion Sedan