Racing Studebakers Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Studebakers Problem

ONCE AGAIN! I have a little slime ball who was able to insert a re-direct, (NOT a virus), to some weirdo website, into my web pages. The website that it sends you to WAS spreading viruses. I've already called GoDaddy, (who controls the bad website), to get the bad website pulled down and they DID pull it down immediately. I'm waiting right now for help from my own ISP. The php software, or more accurately, my chat and forums are the only parts of the website effected by this, but it should be fixed pretty soon.

NOTE: When you go to the forums or chat, your virus checker may "alert", but is NOT a virus, just a "re-direct", to take you to another website. Actually, it didn't "work" completely, as I didn't get redirected, just jibberish at the top of the pages.

Anyway, I may pull the whole website down until I can figure out how the heck to stop this all together, I'm just sick and tired of this crap...

More later...
    Last edited by Sonny; 03-27-2011, 11:55 PM.
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

I will never understand why some sick misfits do this crap.

Thanks again buddy, and hang in there...
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

That's a real problem with young kids now, they know how to hack and are too young to understand the consequences they could lead to.
      On my XBOX they are always talking about hacking you.
      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Clone -

"Too young to understand"....that's...B.S. ..!

They know EXACTLY...of what they do.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Sonny, hang in there
          Richard
          The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Thanks guys! Especially for your patience.

OK, all fixed AGAIN... It's amazing, I dunno why kids think they can play "big boy" in a very serious world, but I guess, due to no respect, they do. If this IP is right, the "hacker" was a young Asian kid! I got him through his IP address, (too bad for the kid his IP speaks English reeeeeal good), and his three "relays" too, (businesses here in the US!). I actually talked to two of those webmasters. No real bad clean up, he got in through the PHP "hole", really pretty easily...

Anyway, we blocked as much as possible, but dang it, I have a TON of bucks in anti-everything-on-the-internet that you can think of and they STILL get ya!

Oh, the google nazis haven't cleared their slimy "alert" yet. That's another BS deal I'm gonna tackle here shortly. So if you go to the racing website, especially if you're runnin' Firefox, it gives you an alert, but we had it totally fixed this AM. No problem with MS IE Explorer...

Thanks to you too, Bob Shaw, for letting me spread the word here. It probably should have been in the "other" section.
            Sonny

Comment

Good to have this report, Sonny. All the best! BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Is this still an issue? my browser (firefox 4) produced this google-supplied page describing problems on racingstudebakers - it was updated 4 hours ago...

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for racingstudebakers.com

What is the current listing status for racingstudebakers.com?
                Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
                Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.
                What happened when Google visited this site?
                Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-03-28, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-03-28.Malicious software includes 2 scripting exploit(s), 2 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 6 new process(es) on the target machine.
                Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including uesa.co.cc/, deepcomputingcapacity.us/.
                1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including deepcomputingcapacity.us/.
                This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS11343 (383INCCMHTOWN), AS53565 (19730).
                Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
                Over the past 90 days, racingstudebakers.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
                Has this site hosted malware?
                No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
                How did this happen?
                In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
                Next steps:

--george
                1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

i guess that is google's slimy alert that sonny mentions?

--george
                  1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Originally posted by ClaymoreWW View Post
                    i guess that is google's slimy alert that sonny mentions?

--george
                    That would be it, Mr George. Thanks! Please ignore, I am...
                    Sonny

Comment

I use Firefox and I finally bit the bullet and went to Tools-Options-Security-Uncheck Block Reported Attack Sites. Firefox is still freaking out about the Racing Studebaker page, and it would load text only if I ignored it, so I'll have to shut it off until it's fixed. I still have other security in place, but I'd like to be able read and respond on the website .

Safari is also freaking out about the page too, mostly because of Google to bring it up. It will load though if the address is copied and pasted into the address bar.

The kids do know what they are doing, and they seemed to have accomplished the task too. I gotta credit Sonny for figuring out the proxies, because those can become a real confusing mess in many cases . I won't go much into the Asian part other than at the higher ups, the more sophisticated types have become something of a problem with the more "official networks". The somewhat less honorable part is most of those programs are taken from someplace on the web, so it's not an original C++ program to the hacker's credit. That makes alot of those guys script kiddies, rather than the real deal .
                      1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
                      X