Lark on Carlustblog.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark on Carlustblog.com

One of the regular contributors to Amazon.com's Carlust blog fell in love with a nice lark at the Cleveland Auto Show.
    Check it out on their site... www.carlustblog.com scroll down a few entries.

Another good effort at "showing the flag" and a reminder you never know who you'll reach when you display a car...this car's owner has reached a lot of people. Well done!
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Scroll down a little more, and there is a beautiful AMX2. IMHO one of Dick Teague's most beautiful efforts.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Looks like a really nice F body. That was the 2010 C-Auto Show. The 2011 show just happened in Feb-March, but I didn't make it to that one. I have never seen that one locally. Thumbs up to it garnering positive attention outside of the club.

Comment

"The Lark has neat, tasteful, understated mid-century looks, and the owner has commendably refrained from messing that up by chopping or channeling the body"

uh oh

Hat's off to the writer: A proud chest swell and smile when others take a look at the Lark, open their eye's, and SEE what all of us Lark nuts have found endearing for all these years. Who invented cool?
        Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 03-28-2011, 06:43 AM.
        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

writer stated it was "a 59 or 60 lark"... i reckon he didn't look at the pic that shows the license plate: "60 LARK"
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by 4961Studebaker View Post
            "The Lark has neat, tasteful, understated mid-century looks, and the owner has commendably refrained from messing that up by chopping or channeling the body"

uh oh

Hat's off to the writer: A proud chest swell and smile when others take a look at the Lark, open their eye's, and SEE what all of us Lark nuts have found endearing for all these years. Who invented cool?
            How about some an update with a couple of photos...always keeps me motivated, to work on my car when I see other member's cars progress, especially the modified ones like yours. Thanks, Junior.
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Everyone should go to the link in the original post. Blog picture from Car Life magazine : a custom-bodied BMW 507. Looks a bit Avanti ish.

BarnLark, track that Lark down and add one more to the club.

"How about some an update with a couple of photos...always keeps me motivated, to work on my car when I see other member's cars progress,"

Junior, I have a couple for you, can't have you sitting around with unfinished projects.

New hood latch answer's the ol' poll question as to which way the hood will open.
              Powered or not.....working on that.
              Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 04-14-2011, 07:04 AM.
              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Nice Keb', but one tip- you will lkely find out that radiator will not give you sufficient cooling. I've found the 'naked' ones with the exposed fins work much better.
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Hey Bob, thats probably cuz he converted that LS1 to diesel and that cardboard is for quick warming in sub zero climates. Kinda like my old diesel VW had, eh?
                  sals54

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                    Nice Keb', but one tip- you will lkely find out that radiator will not give you sufficient cooling. I've found the 'naked' ones with the exposed fins work much better.

Duely noted....reminds me of story I heard....a car in the shop getting it's maiden start up. Wouldn't start for nothing. After hours of head scratching by everyone, owner asked if anyone removed the tape he installed over the head's exhaust ports . They said no.....you (the owner) put the headers on.....

Headers came off, tape removed......car started up.
                    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Somewhere along the line I missed that your car was LS powered. Love it! Are we talking some setback into the firewall?? Thanks for the photos. Junior
                      sigpic
                      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                        Somewhere along the line I missed that your car was LS powered. Are we talking some setback into the firewall?? Love it!
                        Just a little set back, for all those goodies like A/C, trans cooler. .....
                        Yes, tire guy screwed up one of the directionals.

04 LS, with all the LS6 goodies
                        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

wow, this just gets better with every photo....a chopped Lark with awesome wheels, bagged, and LS powered. Nice metal work...some of you guys make it look so easy...I could only wish. I made a customized a stock metal shroud for my Coupe and only gound and filled the welds on the visible top portion...took me a while, but it sure makes me appreciate the metal work that some of you guys put into you car. Thanks for causing me to drool some more. Junor
                          sigpic
                          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
                          X