Prayers needed for ST2DE5 update 4-01-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers needed for ST2DE5 update 4-01-11

ST2DE5's (Carl Purdy) wife Betty is in the hospital in Tulsa, OK in the ICU in a coma.
    Please remember her in your prayers.
    Thank you,
    Last edited by Gary1953; 04-01-2011, 07:28 PM.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Will do..keep us posted on how she is doing...

Comment

Two very, very special people.

When I hear Carl call Betty, "That woman," I know it translates to, "The love of my life, absolutely the best thing that ever happened to me!"

We shall pray for them... please do keep us posted!
      Last edited by Studedude; 03-25-2011, 06:50 PM.
      sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

So sorry to hear that, they are some of the nicest people we know. We helped them celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary a few months ago in Branson. She is such a nice lady. We will keep her in our prayers.
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Carl & Betty are special people. Constantly fussing with each other but at the same time can hardly stand to be out of each other’s sight. They have allowed me to hang at their house the last few months and it has been a real blessing. Obviously Carl is worried sick and not getting much rest. They celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary at the Branson orphan car show last October. It was such a neat event by fellow Studebaker lovers for two lovers.

Charlie D.

Comment

Two of the sweetest StudeFolk I know are Carl and Betty.
            How can I not pray for them?
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

In my prayers tonight.Wonderful folks.
              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Prayers here too, Carl.
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I am not as fortunate as some, to know all the people. However I can only imagine
                  what it would be like to be in this same situation. Thoughts and prayers here.

Comment

Thanks for posting this Gary. Carl and Betty sure treated Joe and I nice when we visited to pick up my engine. I'll keep her in prayer for sure.
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Carl & Betty are some of the nicest people you would ever meet, Carl worked with my dad and brother many years ago, Betty was always at the Stude meets helping all she could. My thoughts and prayers for them.
                      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Condolences from those of us here in the Ohio Region, too. Thoughts and prayers to you, Carl, for your dear Betty.

Comment

I have known Carl and Betty for a lot of years, real good people......Our thoughts and prayers are with you Betty, get well soon.......Keep on Studebakering

Comment

Carl, I'm praying for both of you guys, love ya
                            Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Comment

Our precious heavenly Father. I petition you in behalf of a lady named Betty and her husband Carl. I pray that you wrap your loving arms around them both to give them the assurance that you are with them through this tough time. I pray that you relieve Carl of any anxiety he may have knowing you are there for him and you have Betty's best interest at heart. I pray that you also have good close friends (You with skin on) for Carl to pray and talk with. I pray that you have the best doctors attending Betty at this time filled with your wisdom in giving Betty the best medical care she can get. Also have the medical staff filled with compassion in giving that care to both Betty and Carl. Please Lord...heal Betty so she can get back with her loving husband and so she has a great testimony of your greatness and this leads many to you. I pray you get the glory and praise for all this. I pray expecting that you are listening and it is your will to heal. I ask this in the Mighty name of Jesus. Amen
                              Last edited by jcluvsu; 03-26-2011, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X