Good Avanti Day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Avanti Day...

Having gotten Tom Elliott's '51 coupe on the road, it was time to get the second car running. His other baby is this '82 Avanti. 305 Chevy, 700R4 trans, original paint and interior with less than 60K miles. The wheels were custom made by Dayton and are genuine knockoffs with 14K gold plating.

The car has been on jack stands for 3-4 years now, untouched. (With the exception of a new rear suspension installed). I replaced the belts and hoses, changed the oil, installed the new master cylinder, bled the brakes, and drove it. The car fired right up and drives and handles like a million bucks.. Since it was dark by the time I finally drove it, I hope to put Tom in the car tomorrow and take him for a drive around the neighborhood.

We've found a possible buyer for the car and hopefully it'll be going to a new home soon. Certainly bittersweet..
    Last edited by mbstude; 03-21-2011, 06:17 PM.

Bittersweet indeed... Good job, Matt.

Comment

Good to see you chock the wheels.
      Delta (Tom) would like that!
      Jeff
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        Good to see you chock the wheels.
        Delta (Tom) would like that!
        Jeff
        Well Tom did work for Delta Airlines for 34 years..

When I backed it out, all I had to stop the car with was the parking brake.. The wheel chocks were extra insurance as I didn't want to roll into the '51!

Comment

Does anyone know where to get a plastic replacement nob (wheel) that is missing on the seat back adjustment on the above Avanti II. Mine is also missing. Help, anyone.....................
          sigpic

Mike Barany

Comment

Originally posted by White Hawk View Post
            Does anyone know where to get a plastic replacement nob (wheel) that is missing on the seat back adjustment on the above Avanti II. Mine is also missing. Help, anyone.....................
            We have the one for this car; but as you know they always fall off. Maybe Recaro can help you out? http://www.recaro.com/us/home.html

Comment

Working...
            X