Studebaker Camper Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Camper Trucks

Has anyone here got any pictures of the 50's Studebaekr Camper Trucks. I am picking one up this week and would like to know more about them. Pictures or literature or stories of people owning one would be appreciated. I will post pictures of the truck in the next day or two.
    Dan

There is a family from Ohio (I believe) that have been to almost (if not all) International meets since I have been attending; but alas, I do not know their names. You can see their vehicle on the top of page 35 in the September 2010 TURNING WHEELS.

Comment

There was one in central Fla. It was in TW once (may have been the cover?) But I don't remember what year.
      Neil Thornton

Comment

It seems to me there is one at Bell's Studebaker Diner & Museum in Bellingham Wa. Phone # 360 738 0103

Comment

Originally posted by Vernon C Cab View Post
          It seems to me there is one at Bell's Studebaker Diner & Museum in Bellingham Wa.
          Do you recall what color it was? I ask because for as many times as I've been there- I don't recall seeing one there. A tanker truck, a Toter, and two or three flat stake beds are what I remember- most inside, but some outside. I know for fact that they DO have that '65 Wagonaire with the fancy slide-in camper, though...
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

One of the members of the Cascade Chapter has a 63 or 64 Motorhome type. I think it is for sale. It's looks to be in great shape. I might be able to find some pictures if you want.....Bob
            Last edited by stehlik; 03-22-2011, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Craig

Comment

Wow. I knew this was the place to ask for info. I love the red and white one. Later model than the one I'm getting and a different model of camper but judging by the taillights and overall design I would say it was built by the same company. Here is some pictures of the one that is now joined our Bucket List Dream Racing Team:

We are excited about making the camper into our race car support vehicle. I'll post some pictures of the truck as we work to make it once again road worthy.
                Dan

Comment

I can guarantee a couple, which in all these years, seemed to be all I have from the Stude shows. This was taken at the Studebaker International Meet in Rapid City in 1999:

And this was taken at the 150th Anniversary Meet in South Bend in 2002:

Very rarely have I seen the actual camper types show up for the concours, or the actual meets. The punchline, of course, is it takes care of the booking problem at the host hotel .
                  1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                  1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                  1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                  1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

That creamy white Transtar with camper I'm nearly certain belongs to Robert and Debbie Dean of New Albany, OH. They belong to the Ohio Region and Heart of Ohio chapters of SDC. It's a '62 and has power steering.
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

The 46 camper I think belongs to someone here in the northwest. The 63 belongs to a member of the Cascade Chapter here in Oregon...Bob Click image for larger version

Name:	46camper1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1667736Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010021.jpg
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	1667737Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010020.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1667738

Comment

Comment

http://tinyurl.com/Stude-Camper

Try Google
                          Select 'pictures'
                          Enter "Studebaker Campers"

More than a few pic's are there...even a couple of Packard Campers...
                          HTIH
                          Jeff
                          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                          X