Valve lifters #53650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve lifters #53650

I ran across a set of 16 NOS valve lifters with the part #536508 on the box. I can not find any reference to that part number in any of my parts books. If they are not usable for either my '56 Commander or my 64 V8 I will sell them on Ebay, but it would be nice to know what they fit.

Any help would be appreciated.

T-cab

Originally posted by T-CAB View Post
    I ran across a set of 16 NOS valve lifters with the part #536508 on the box. I can not find any reference to that part number in any of my parts books. If they are not usable for either my '56 Commander or my 64 V8 I will sell them on Ebay, but it would be nice to know what they fit.

Any help would be appreciated.

T-cab
    Just google Studebaker and the number as I did, and find stuff like this.

JDP Maryland

Comment

Must be for 1954. My parts book up to 1953 does not show them for the 232 yet.

Comment

Apparently what I found on Google was that they were for a 232 V8 with cam shaft part number 534131

T-cab

Comment

Right, but according to the SDC V/8 chart, 1954 was the last year for the 232. As I mentioned, those lifters were not listed for the earlier 232s in my parts book through 1953. Can anyone verify 534131, or 536508 for 1954 232 lifters for T-CAB? Sorry, it's always the book I don't have. It looks like you're getting closer for an ebay description, though.

Comment

Working...
          X