What are these parts called?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these parts called?

I need 2 small parts for the 51 Champion sedan and do not have the manuals yet to get part numbers. The parts are the rod that reaches from the control to the fender vent on the passenger side of the car. If someone has one out already I believe I could make one if I knew the overall length. I dont know how much of mine is missing. The other part I need is the loop that the trunk latch catches on. Mine is missing entirely so I really dont know exactly what I am looking for. I have access to several junks but no 51's. Thanks, Steve
    sigpic

Hope the tow images help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vent 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1667657Click image for larger version

Name:	vent 2.jpg
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1667658Click image for larger version

Name:	Trunk 1.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1667669
    Last edited by fatboylust; 03-18-2011, 05:55 AM. Reason: added trunk image

Comment

Thanks! Yes, The part I need is the second type part no. 2110-25. Thanks, Steve
      sigpic

Comment

Steve, I am not sure but I think somewhere in my stash of stuff, I may have a box of those trunk latch thing-a-majigs.

Be patient while I try to get a chance to wade through the spiders, snakes, and other various varmints to look in the recesses of my man cave. I might not be able to find the exact geometry you need since these were used in various forms over the years. However, with a little creative work with a torch and hammer, we can make it work. Heck, with a little work on a piece of 1/4 or 5/16 cold roll round stock...we'll make one if need be.

After all...we're Studebaker people!
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
          Thanks! Yes, The part I need is the second type part no. 2110-25. Thanks, Steve
          Don't use the illustration number! The part number is right beside it on the description sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            Steve, I am not sure but I think somewhere in my stash of stuff, I may have a box of those trunk latch thing-a-majigs.

Be patient while I try to get a chance to wade through the spiders, snakes, and other various varmints to look in the recesses of my man cave. I might not be able to find the exact geometry you need since these were used in various forms over the years. However, with a little creative work with a torch and hammer, we can make it work. Heck, with a little work on a piece of 1/4 or 5/16 cold roll round stock...we'll make one if need be.

After all...we're Studebaker people!

Thanks John! We will miss you in Tifton. Steve
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Son O Lark View Post
              Don't use the illustration number! The part number is right beside it on the description sheet.

DOH!! I knew that since it already bit me on the truck and here I went and done it again. Thanks, Steve
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X