X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Cory To Forum

Hi Cory
    Welcome to the Forum.
    Here is a thread for you to practice posting.
    We can talk back and forth with the world of Studebaker guys and gals.
    Good Roads
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Hi Cory, Step up to the mike and say sometning. What kind of car do you have? or are you looking for somthing?
    Neil Thornton

Comment

I bought a 55 C Cab 2yrs ago. First Stude I've owned in over 40 years. Once i got it home I soon discovered it was in rougher shape than originally thought. My wife liked it so much she told me that I was not to just fix it I am to do a total restoration with a bit of hot rod work to top it off. I have not worked on a vehicle in over 30 years so with a little help and guidence from my friends at SDC and a few handy fellows around town I am in the midst if a frame off restoration. I put a totally rebuilt drive train from a 55 Speedster into it and I am just now finishing all the metal work. Should be in for paint in next month or so. i hope to be road worthy by year end. We are planning to drive it from here in Western Canada to the meet in SouthBend in summer of 2012. In the mean time I will just chip away at it. For the whole story and pictures check out our clubs website: www.bcsouthernintsdc.ca click on members and thier cars.
      Cheers for now,
      Corrie

Comment

Hi Corrie
        Great Post!
        You covered the introduction, progress report, and plug for our local club all in one quick post.
        Now if we could get some other Southern Interior Chapter members excited about the Forum it would be an excellent way to stay inspired between the monthly meetings.

Keep posting.
        Progress pictures are next.....these guys on the Forum like to see other members cars (trucks)and project progress.
        Good Roads
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Welcome Corrie. Your truck is going to be cool. My daughter showed me and ad for a 55 in Calgary. Been thinking about it all weekend...I really want a Stude pick up but figure I going to have to wait until I live in a milder climate. I have been spoiled by independent suspensions, fuel injection, good heaters and cushy rides and rack and pinion steering in the cold winter months. Once again, welcome to the forum. ps, the link isn't working for me. Oh, heres the one in Calgary. Regards, Junior.http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ266968741
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
            Keep posting.
            Progress pictures are next.....these guys on the Forum like to see other members cars (trucks)and project progress.
            Good Roads
            Brian

Hey Brian, you said it...was kinda hoping you would post some updates of the Hawk and Power Hawk, along with some other updates from other members like chopped-stu, rustobaker etc etc. Regards, junior.
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Junior
              I knew as soon as I typed it that someone would remind me to practice what I preach.
              But, even though I have been working diligently on Sandi's Hawk it is at that "nothing looks like it is getting done fast" stage.
              The foot wells are gone, as is the under seat heater. Had a minor set back with the rear tail pan, as I have missed placed ( not like us to do that) her trunk hinges.
              So I had to get another set yesterday to replace them so that I can hang the trunk for proper fitting while replacing the tail,
              How is you project coming now that it is not -20 out there?
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Working...
              X