Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

glass, glass, glass, glass, what to do with it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glass, glass, glass, glass, what to do with it???

Over the years I have been collecting Studebaker I have ended up with more than my share of glass, now I am down sizing and what to do with it? most was marked when removed but most of the marks are gone now, some I know from sight other not sure, not very often do I sell any but every now and then some one call , but unless they can pick up the conversation is over, any thoughts? not even metal so no scrap value.

sorry some of the pictures are a little dark, but you get the idea whats a person to do???
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

You got any 53-61 C door glass on the tracks and vent vindows?
    Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
    Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
    Lizella, GA

Comment

I could use one or two windshields for 1963 Larks and a windshield for a 1963 Champ, but only if you would deliver to the Missouri meet this summer (otherwise, too cost prohibitive for shipping). Otherwise, maybe a local Stude collector has room to warehouse these?
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

If you're willing to ship I could use a left tinted vent window for a '53 K.

Comment

Originally posted by 53commander View Post
          If you're willing to ship I could use a left tinted vent window for a '53 K.
          In the original post:

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          every now and then some one call , but unless they can pick up the conversation is over
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Henry Votel,
            Forest Lake, MN
            Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

Bob, I need Drivers door vent and main glass and driver side back seat slider for a '54 Conestoga if you have it. I believe the door glass is the same as a sedan. I would also take a tail gate glass just to have it. I will come and pick up if you have any of those.

Pat
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I'm interested in any really decent side glass and vent windows for a ('47-) '51 Starlight coupe, and an excellent windshield. Have any somewhat pliable rubber from the back 4 windows of a Starlight? Can make tracing if you think you have, but are unsure.
                Last edited by Adamsavanti; 03-13-2011, 04:38 PM. Reason: misspelling
                Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                  Bob, I need Drivers door vent and main glass and driver side back seat slider for a '54 Conestoga if you have it. I believe the door glass is the same as a sedan. I would also take a tail gate glass just to have it. I will come and pick up if you have any of those.

Pat
                  Pat,
                  Your door glass is unique to that model and year only. Fortunately the back glass was used through 1959.
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Bob, I could use tinted back door quater windows for 63 Wagonaire.

Comment

Hey, if you're giving he stuff away, it might be worth my trouble to pick up a windshield for my '60 Lark if you've got it. It's only a 26 hour drive one way through some of the highest mountains and the harshest deserts in America.

On second thought...
                      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

That's a tough one, Bob. It would take days just to clean them all up to see if they are still usable for people, but even if you made them presentable and packed up every single one for a zone meet in one load and offered them for $20, you might still have to bring most of them back. Maybe for another vendor with the room and time, those would be a good thing to buy as a lot, then advertise in TW to make a little money, but they really are an International-type meet item: Big CASO crowds would love to have a shot at some of those. Too much work for little hope of cash, though. Even taking all the stainless off and cataloging them would be a full time job. Maybe just a list of what you have advertised in TW for pick up only is the best for which you could hope. Some people are desperate for some of those rare ones. Shipping old glass is way too expensive, so I see your dilemma. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                          In the original post:
                          Yea I saw that ball buster but I figured it was before he wanted to get rid of everything. Thanks for your useless post!

Comment

Bob came through for me on my rear K quarter windows. Thanks, again, Big Guy. Still watching for my door trim
                            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                            X