Russian retro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian retro

Since the Chevy mongrels came up I thought I'd offer this to retro officcionados. I wish we had something like this here: a Russian car based on a BMW chassis with a V12. Here's a link with pictures:

Here's a picture:

It kind of reminds me of Dick Steinkamp's '53.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Thanks for posting that. The Russians have come a long way. I really like that Pobeda M20.

Speaking of Russian cars, here is a picture of Bush and Putin in Putin's antique Volga.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Thanks for posting that. The Russians have come a long way. I really like that Pobeda M20.

Speaking of Russian cars, here is a picture of Bush and Putin in Putin's antique Volga.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

That Volga is all BMW under the custom skin. The commisioned cost of that car was around $400,000 US dollars. Most of the exterior sheet metal is hand formed. They made a companion convertible for this car, but I haven't seen what the price was on that. The builder is the Russian version of Boyd Coddington/Chip Foose.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

That Volga is all BMW under the custom skin. The commisioned cost of that car was around $400,000 US dollars. Most of the exterior sheet metal is hand formed. They made a companion convertible for this car, but I haven't seen what the price was on that. The builder is the Russian version of Boyd Coddington/Chip Foose.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Here is the convertible"

"Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Here is the convertible"

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Scott

Here is the convertible:

It's a V8.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Scott

Here is the convertible:

It's a V8.

Comment

It looks like one of the recent "retro" T-Birds...

Of course I've always though Russian limos of the 70s looked like bad copies of a 58 Packard.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                    63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Of course I've always though Russian limos of the 70s looked like bad copies of a 58 Packard.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                      1914 Stutz Bearcat
                      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                      63 Avanti R1 2788
                      1914 Stutz Bearcat
                      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

Um, they were bad copies of Packards. But it was the '56 they copied.

Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

Um, they were bad copies of Packards. But it was the '56 they copied.

Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Interesting you should say that. The Zil 110 limo was in fact quite consciously copied from the 1942 Packard by order of Stalin. It was manufactured until 1958! Can you imagine Packard trying to get by using a 1942 design for 16 years? The Russians did it, and even if it was out of date, it was still a pretty nice looking car. If you do a google search for Zil 110 you'll find lots of pictures. It was also called Zis 110. Here's a picture:

Comment

Interesting you should say that. The Zil 110 limo was in fact quite consciously copied from the 1942 Packard by order of Stalin. It was manufactured until 1958! Can you imagine Packard trying to get by using a 1942 design for 16 years? The Russians did it, and even if it was out of date, it was still a pretty nice looking car. If you do a google search for Zil 110 you'll find lots of pictures. It was also called Zis 110. Here's a picture:

Comment

Working...
                              X