53 Grill bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 Grill bars

As i mentioned in another post, i'm trying to install grill bars.
    The inboard brakets have been bent out of sight so i have to bend them back.
    Could some one take a pic of the grill bars, shooting staight down so i have an idea how far they protrude from the grill shell?
    I would appreciate it,.

Thanks

John

They don't really protrude.... There is some adjustment for in/out but not a lot. The outer end pivots off the screw and speed nut behind the turn signal lens and the inner end is on that bracket. There is maybe 1/2" at most of slot adjustment to move them in and out I think.

This picture of my car on the passenger side is looking straight down. There is about 7/8" from the front edge of the bar to the edge of the painted shelf area. This would be if you set a square on the shelf bottom of the shell and measured from that projected vertical edge inward to the bar front.... Hope this makes sense.

This view from the side shows about 1/2" from the stick laying across the "flats" of the front of the shell to the bar.

These measurements are in the center of the bar. The bar should be parallel to the shell lower front edge.

These may not be exactly correct but can't be too far wrong since as I said there is not much adjustment for in/out.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Thanks Jeff that should do it. Because my brakets are bent, the bars don't just fall where they should.
      This should help me get them close to where they ought to be.

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
      They don't really protrude.... There is some adjustment for in/out but not a lot. The outer end pivots off the screw and speed nut behind the turn signal lens and the inner end is on that bracket. There is maybe 1/2" at most of slot adjustment to move them in and out I think.

This picture of my car on the passenger side is looking straight down. There is about 7/8" from the front edge of the bar to the edge of the painted shelf area. This would be if you set a square on the shelf bottom of the shell and measured from that projected vertical edge inward to the bar front.... Hope this makes sense.

This view from the side shows about 1/2" from the stick laying across the "flats" of the front of the shell to the bar.

These measurements are in the center of the bar. The bar should be parallel to the shell lower front edge.

These may not be exactly correct but can't be too far wrong since as I said there is not much adjustment for in/out.

Comment

Working...
      X