Tach sender questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo / Tach / Gauges: Tach sender questions

I just recieved my new sending unit for my 63 GT Hawk(non R series) & the instructions are good,but the color code in the instructions doesn't jibe with the sender harness.The instructions state white,red,green,black,but the harness colors are white,red,blue,& dark red.Also...What do I do with the old wires? Any clarification would be most helpful...Thanks

Bump. I'd like to hear this too, even though I only have sedans and Larks

Comment

Since nobody was able to answer my question, I called SI & they suggested I call Myers since they are the supplier.Myers was very suprised the wire color had been changed & they will get back to me.When I find out I will post an update.

Comment

I too anxiously await Jon's answer. It sounds like you received a S-W instruction sheet for the white, red, green, black wiring. A copy of it was published in July '92 Turning Wheels. This sender connects to the (+) side of the coil.
        There is another instruction sheet that shows the white, red, blue, and dark red (brown actually) wires. This sender connects to distributor (-), and it warns that connecting to coil (+) is sudden death for the sender.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I'm glad someone else knows about this.....so ...who has the other instructions?

Comment

Working...
          X