1931 President Door Handle Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 1931 President Door Handle Removal

Does anyone know a technique to remove the interior door and window handles from my 31 President sedan?
    I have tried both removal pry tools available from NAPA and Auto Zone to no avail. I cannot see any "C" clips or
    drift pins behind the round backing plate. Need to redo the door material and I have torn the material badly trying to remove the handles. By the way, the front seat bottom cannot be removed for re-upholstery. It is built into the car.
    Please e-mail me directly at agd931@hevanet.com. Thanks,
    Al Duble, Gilbert, AZ.

Look in behind the handle and you will see a threaded brass nut. It has two flats on it to put a wrench. I think its a 5/8. But you will have to buy a thin wrench or grind one to make it thin enough to get in there.

Comment

Thanks Rex: I will try to find a thin 5/8 in wrench. Haven't had a chance to look for the brass nut but will try this afternoon.
      Aln Duble

Comment

Originally posted by agd931 View Post
        Does anyone know a technique to remove the interior door and window handles from my 31 President sedan?
        I have tried both removal pry tools available from NAPA and Auto Zone to no avail. I cannot see any "C" clips or
        drift pins behind the round backing plate. Need to redo the door material and I have torn the material badly trying to remove the handles. By the way, the front seat bottom cannot be removed for re-upholstery. It is built into the car.
        Please e-mail me directly at agd931@hevanet.com. Thanks,
        Al Duble, Gilbert, AZ.
        I'm really puzzled by the front seat situation. If it is like mine tool storage is under the seat, so it has to be removeable. Richard Quinn would know for sure. (Studebaker Wheel on this forum).

Terry

Comment

Albert...This is Tom from church. Please look at your private messages.

Comment

Working...
          X