Halibrands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halibrands

Wow - a set of Halibrands on ebay (not mine!)

--george
    1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

They are gone now, I bought them. The price was a steal! Thanks for the heads up. They will go on my 1963 R1 Avanti.

Comment

Yes, they're very rare and very desirable. They're also really, really difficult to maintain in show condition.

No, some feel they're no longer safe to run on the street. Do some search homework about magnesium deterioration with age. Most vintage racing organizations will not allow old race cars to run the original magnesium wheels because they can break without warning.

Maybe, they'd be best on a show car where regular cleaning and polishing is a given. Hint - Gibbs Penentrant is by far the best protectant I ever used on magnesium wheels.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Don`t forget to check out his other awesome item he has listed on Ebay ! !

Comment

Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
          Don`t forget to check out his other awesome item he has listed on Ebay ! !
          hee-hee... wheeeee!!!
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

My 63 is stock (down to the useless AM radio)...and I think the Avanti wheel covers are very iconic (one of the 2-3 designs I can readily ID..along with a Cord 810/812's)
            BUT, I really would like a set of Halibrands for it.

I thought about joining Myers' list for reporductions...they're awfully expensive..but keeping Jack's comments in mind, I'd feel better about a new set rather than some approaching 50 years old.
            But since I won't be racing my car, I'm not sure it would really matter.
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I have had my R4 Avanti up to speeds of 145 and there were no issues with the Halibrands.

Last edited by StudeMichael; 03-05-2011, 02:01 PM. Reason: added video link

Comment

Working...
              X