No announcement yet.

Uniform Identity Dealerships 1963-1964?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniform Identity Dealerships 1963-1964?

Does anybody have photos of Studebaker dealerships that were remodeled according to the 1963-64 Studebaker Uniform Identity Program?
    \"Life is short, write in pen\"

This was a Sherwood Egbert pipe dream. You will not find any of the Studebaker Dealers that would buy into remodeling. These guys would not even deal to sell a Studebaker, sad but true.

Comment

That explains why the 'after' pictures in my copy of the Uniform Identity booklet are paintings.
      \"Life is short, write in pen\"

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
        This was a Sherwood Egbert pipe dream. You will not find any of the Studebaker Dealers that would buy into remodeling. These guys would not even deal to sell a Studebaker, sad but true.
        In fairness to the dealers this program was not instituted until the intro of the 1964 models in the Fall of 1963. Dealers were not making a whole lot of money at that time and within 3 months of the programs initiation Studebaker announced it was closing the South Bend operation. I knew dealers that ordered some of the new signs but they did not have a chance to erect them by the time of the move to Canada. What would you have done if you had been one of those dealers? Spend several thousand dollars on remodeling when the parent company had one foot in the grave and the other on a slippery slope? True many dealers were reluctant to upgrade their facilities but most were not selling enough cars to be able to afford it.
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Sorry Richard. You and I both know the Studebaker dealer would send you down the road to buy a Ford or Chevy before they would make you a deal. You and I know that. The yolk is on the dealer. A lot too late.

Comment

No fairness to the Studebaker dealers. They are the reason Studebaker went out of business.

Comment

That is why Egbert was in the process of dropping 1/2 of them when the cancer took him away from his task.

Comment

Working...
              X