Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: trunk lock

How do you remove the key cylander

You have to have a correct Key, if you do, insert it in the Lock, push a paper clip in the small hole under the dust cover and remove the cylinder.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, Is there ANY way to remove it WITHOUT the key. Without destroying it of course.
      1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Yep. Take it to a locksmith

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Sometimes, if you're REAL lucky, using an old worn out trunk key of the same type, it will allow you to remove the cylinder. Hope this helps.

Dan Miller
          Auburn, GA

Comment

I have a 61 Hawk with a trunk cylinder that spins around with the key and won't open; but, looking under the dusk cover, with paper clip in hand, I can't see a hole anywhere. ????

Comment

I have a 61 Hawk and the trunk lock spins around with the key in it, without opening the trunk. I have paper clip in hand, open the dust cover, but can't see a hole anywhere to insert the paper clip. ???

Comment

61 Hawk trunk lock is held into the housing with a roll pin. Take the housing out of the trunk lid,push the roll pin out,no key needed.
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I took out my back seat and crawled through with a flashligh and some tools. Pulled the clip and the lock fell out.
                  Took a little contorting, but it is not particularly difficult. Shoving aroung the spare and jack was the hardest part.
                  sigpic 62 Hawk - Wisconsin barn find

Comment

There's a c-clip made of spring steel that slides between a groove in the housing and the metal of the trunk lid.A pair of pliers is usually all you need to wiggle it off the hsng. If your trunk is stuck closed,you could unbolt the latch from the rear panel using a socket,ratchet and a 3 or 4 foot extension,reaching thru the trunk from the backseat area [after the seat is out ]
                    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Originally posted by santa View Post
                      I took out my back seat and crawled through with a flashligh and some tools. Pulled the clip and the lock fell out.
                      Took a little contorting, but it is not particularly difficult.
                      Unless, as was my case, there were three tires in the trunk! Still managed to "git'er done".
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks so much. Mission accomplished and I saved the lock

Comment

Working...
                        X