Some more info needed for the 1/25 scale 56 Golden Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some more info needed for the 1/25 scale 56 Golden Hawk

Well, the 1/25 scale 56J is moving along and with progress comes more questions. The air cleaner will need to be scratch-built and a few dimensions will be a big help at getting it right. Here's a handy dandy illustration of what I need:

With the overall length, the oil bath diameter and the diameter of the snorkel that connects the two ends I should be able to get it looking pretty realistic. If anybody can come up with those dimensions I'll be eternally grateful.
    Here's the last progress photo of the project:

Thanks, everybody and as always, more detail is available at the Toy Studebaker forum in the "Build Threads".

Last edited by mr moto; 03-03-2011, 08:23 PM.
    Manuel J. Martinez
    Baton Rouge, LA

Once done hook up with Eugene Zarembka, South Bend, eztoyz@yahoo.com He can cast an exterior mold in resin. no opening doors,hood or trunk. no interror. will have rolling wheels/tires. Windows will be colored silver Gene can supply painted or unpainted.

Comment

overall length is 24" diameters are 11" and 3" snorkel
      It is an addiction!

Comment

Originally posted by mr moto View Post
        Well, the 1/25 scale 56J is moving along and with progress comes more questions. The air cleaner will need to be scratch-built and a few dimensions will be a big help at getting it right. Here's a handy dandy illustration of what I need:

With the overall length, the oil bath diameter and the diameter of the snorkel that connects the two ends I should be able to get it looking pretty realistic. If anybody can come up with those dimensions I'll be eternally grateful.
        Here's the last progress photo of the project:

Thanks, everybody and as always, more detail is available at the Toy Studebaker forum in the "Build Threads".

http://tscc-online.lefora.com/forum/...build-threads/
        Wow, what great work!
        Ron Dame
        '63 Champ

Comment

Thanks, guys! To jbwhttail for the much needed info and to Ron for the compliment!
          While I'm asking questions, I'll try one more. This car will have the three speed/overdrive tranny (there's a future project in mind that will cause me to build an Ultramatic replica) and I'm wondering if the gearboxes were painted and, if so, did they match the engine or ????
          This project is a lot of fun and one big reason is that, despite being one the more unusual Studebaker models - Packard engine and such, it seems to be one of the best documented. The variety of sources for detail information and reference photos is just amazing!
          Manuel J. Martinez
          Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

Many thanks for the info! Here's how the air cleaner turned out.

Manuel J. Martinez
            Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

Working...
            X