Studebaker Int.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Int.

In a previous post I had asked if anyone found SI's catalog and website difficult to work with, or was it just me.

Well i have my answer, it's not just me.

Here's what i found when trying to place an order on line.

Type in a part number from print catalog, and it comes up as something else, I tried twice 2 different part numbers, and same thing both times.
    Parts listed as for a 53 in catalog, come up as parts for a 47-52 when you type part number in.

As I don't want to order the wrong parts i now have to phone them to get the answers and place an order, not very efficient, and additional long distance charges.

Annoying.

I never use the online order form. I just send an email with the part numbers and quantities. Have always gotten a response within 24 business hours and the correct parts shortly thereafter.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
      I never use the online order form. I just send an email with the part numbers and quantities. Have always gotten a response within 24 business hours and the correct parts shortly thereafter.
      What part numbers did you use?

Comment

Well I would hope he used the MOST efficient method, THE CATALOG!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well at least you got to talk with the nice people that answer the phones. Give me people over automated any day!
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I havent had any problems using their website, however I browse the website for the parts I want and add them to the 'shopping cart' when I find them. I don't know why their catalog number doesnt match the website for your parts, maybe a fluke thing. Please share your part description and part numbers as others may like to try them to see if they get the same results (or so that Ed Reynolds can be made aware of the problem of said parts).
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

This is just a repeat of an old post I made.through the catalog I have had a few orders with SI and was very pleased with the quickness and accurate shipments <G>
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by johnod View Post
                Parts listed as for a 53 in catalog, come up as parts for a 47-52 when you type part number in.
                Could be the same part used in different years? Simply a description issue? Best to use the part number you have gleaned from your Studebaker factory Body or Chassis catalog.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Right now things are still "taking off" in South Bend SI with getting part numbers in order for the new catalog and a computer system, etc, etc. Right now it's easiest just to call down to Greenfield to make an order.
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                    Right now things are still "taking off" in South Bend SI with getting part numbers in order for the new catalog and a computer system, etc, etc. Right now it's easiest just to call down to Greenfield to make an order.
                    Thats what i did, and it all went smoothly, and parts should be on the way next week.
                    O Boy!!!

Comment

I've called for parts, used the on line and paper catalogs, and today I bought some things in person at the York Meet. Always a good experience for me, never had a problem.

Comment

I've never had a problem with SI. But, I've never ordered anything from them online. I always call and the people there are very pleasant to speak with and my order is shipped to me right away.
                        Nice people to do business with.
                        Rog
                        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I just ordered a bunch of weatherstrip and decals for my Wagonaire. Ordered Monday, arrived Friday here in VT. They automatically gave me the $20 coupon, which paid the shipping. Susan also called SB for me to look for some unique parts and called me back; she also made it so I could have just the front door catwhiskers out of a pre cut set. I think they're doing a good job, but I ALWAYS call to ensure communication with a human being. Bish
                          sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
                          1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
                          1959 4E2 4spd, TT
                          1963 8E28 GSA order
                          1963 8E5 SOLD!
                          1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

never had an online problem. last ordered monday, package arrived thursday...
                            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I find the online search description function a pain in the a$$. Type in something and you get way too many matches (IMHO). It seems easier to scroll through the categories. The last couple times this winter I have had to order, I have not had my manuals as they are on the seat of the car at repair shop. So, it was tough to match up description and part numbers for me. Remember, not everything is in the online inventory. I had to call to get the clips to hold the chrome nameplates on.

Comment

Working...
                              X