Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SanFran Candy

Studebaker Hawk GT by Demetrios Lyras, on Flickrp

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

The tires look photoshoped to me. Neal

Comment

Very nice and the color is beautiful on this car...

Comment

Those are really clean tires. Even though wide whites would give it more pop, that car even makes black wall tires look good.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I'm not a fan of black wall tires, but......................they look great on this car.
          Fred

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Studeguru View Post
            I'm not a fan of black wall tires, but......................they look great on this car.
            Wide whites would add at least 2K to the resale, it just looks odd without them.
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Neal in NM View Post
              The tires look photoshoped to me. Neal
              I think the reason is, maybe narrow White Walls were painted Black, over the White instead of reversing them. Either that or that narrow stripe is very wet and shiny, it's hard to tell.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                I think the reason is, maybe narrow White Walls were painted Black, over the White instead of reversing them. Either that or that narrow stripe is very wet and shiny, it's hard to tell.
                The reason I think something isn't right is; there is no discernable edge to the tire in the rear and the emblems on the front and rear hubcaps line up. Neal

Comment

Try clicking on the "Demetrios Lyras" below the picture and scroll through his "photostream" . He has a beautiful Blue Daytona, a red Daytona Convert and several other restored cars taken at random around SF parked on the street. Doubt he bothered to photoshop anything.

Comment

The tires on the '56J look just fine to me. Just shadowed.

Here's another Hawk in San Fransisco. A friend of mine went out there last year, saw this car with "Studebaker" on it and posed for a pic. Wonder if the same guy owns this car too?

Comment

Working...
                    X