Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the difference between a studebaker big six and a studebaker standard six.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the difference between a studebaker big six and a studebaker standard six.

hello ,
    i have bought an old studebaker from 1926.
    On my certificate of title to a motor verhicle is written under de catagorie "type" SDN.
    so my question is , can someone tell me , what these means ?
    i found out that it has to be a Studebaker big six or Studebaker standard six.
    I need these information to repair and restaurate it.
    sorry for my bad english , i hope you can understand ist.

regards
    wsa

Originally posted by wsa View Post
    hello ,
    i have bought an old studebaker from 1926.
    On my certificate of title to a motor verhicle is written under de catagorie "type" SDN.
    so my question is , can someone tell me , what these means ?
    i found out that it has to be a Studebaker big six or Studebaker standard six.
    I need these information to repair and restaurate it.
    sorry for my bad english , i hope you can understand ist.

regards
    wsa
    SND is probably a Sedan. If we had the serial or body number we could tell you more.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Comment

That appears to be a 1926 Standard Six. (serial range 1951351-1954400) The 1926 Big Six numbers started at 2073001.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

On the engine side of the firewall should be a tag with body number, body style and trim level. This will tell you much about the car. Share it with us and it can be decoded for you.

Comment

Welcome, wsa.

Where are you? Wherever that is, I can guarantee you your English is better than my ability with your language. Serial number 1953570 identifies it as a Canadian built 1926 model ER Standard 6. As doug says, there should be a tag on the engine side of the firewall on the passenger's (right) side of the car which will have the model - ER - and a letter indicating the body style. A four door sedan is identified by the letter W (mohair upholstery) or S (wool upholstery), a two door sedan by the letter F (wool upholstery only). Under those letters is a number which is the assembly line number for that body. The serial number is on a plate on the left side of the chassis immediately behind the left front wheel. This is a terrible location. Many of them are either badly damaged or missing because of rocks thrown up by the wheel.

Do you have any photographs of the car?

Terry

Comment

Comment

how can i upload a picture ? is it online possible to take one from the internet?

Comment

Working...
                X