PDA

View Full Version : Broadway Titles

JDP
03-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Just a heads up on big changes at Broadway title that may effect those with lost titles. The state of Georgia has tightened the rules. The cost is up to $350 now, the car must be a driver and state or certified mechanic inspected and insured for at least 3 months and they want pictures. That will hurt those with project cars from both a cost and hassle standpoint.

irish
03-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Well isn't that just "Peachy" : )~

Joe

LarkTruck
03-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Just a heads up on big changes at Broadway title that may effect those with lost titles. The state of Georgia has tightened the rules. The cost is up to $350 now, the car must be a driver and state or certified mechanic inspected and insured for at least 3 months and they want pictures. That will hurt those with project cars from both a cost and hassle standpoint.

Didn't want to post it here until this is resolved but, for the same reason my neighbor(new Stude owner and new SDC Member) chose to go with International Title Service in Las Vegas. Others had posted here previously that they had good luck with them. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, use Int'l Title Service. They have had the paperwork and $445.00 of his money since October, (ad said 3 to 6 week turn around) and he only got a conformation email in December saying that everything was a go, but the delay was due to the Motor Vehicle Dept being backed up for the Holidays!
(what did everyone give old car titles as gifts for Christmas?) What a joker! After many unreturned phone calls and emails the neighbor is now working with the credit card company to try to get his money back. But, it is now past the 60 day complaint resolution window!!!!!!! If nothing else, maybe they can stop this clown from charging money to credit cards.
What a welcome to the old car hobby neighbor. :-( JS

JDP
03-02-2011, 03:30 PM
You can get a title for a old car by just having a bill of sale from a non title state. It's best to "sell" the car to say a Georgia resident for a dollar, and have him sell it back to you with a bill of sale. That's exactly what Broadway does for their $350.00, but doing 1000's a year must have flagged the states interest.

LarkTruck
03-02-2011, 03:58 PM
I used Broadway about 20 years ago for a 39 Champion title. At that time they were running everything thru Alabama. I got an Alabama title & license plate. No complaints about Broadway Title, just the new red tape! JS

Flashback
03-02-2011, 04:04 PM
ANOTHER reason I'm glad I live in ALABAMA

bob40
03-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Make sure your state accepts titles from those companies.Some will not.

aarrggh
03-02-2011, 04:07 PM
I also used Broadway about 20 years ago , Got a New York Title for a 1955 Belair Convertible with no problems .
Put the title in my name and the car was on the road . . . . .

studegary
03-03-2011, 02:40 PM
I also used Broadway about 20 years ago , Got a New York Title for a 1955 Belair Convertible with no problems .
Put the title in my name and the car was on the road . . . . .

You may have gotten a transferable registration or some other form of ownership, but you did not get a title for a 1955 Chevrolet car from NYS. New York does not, and never has, issued titles for cars prior to the 1973 model year.

aarrggh
03-03-2011, 04:20 PM
You may have gotten a transferable registration or some other form of ownership, but you did not get a title for a 1955 Chevrolet car from NYS. New York does not, and never has, issued titles for cars prior to the 1973 model year.

Yeah :: Your right , It was a registration card from the 60s which got me a title in my name . ( i was testing your knowledge of titles ) YOU PASSED !

JimC
03-03-2011, 11:54 PM
What is the advantage of going this way versus doing the legwork to research title histories and/or getting a bonded title? My '60 Lark lost it's title somewhere in Iowa's DOT. I Called them, they confirmed that they no longer had the record, sent me a letter saying so. At this point I just need to get an insurance bond on the current value of the vehicle (not much in it's current condition!) and Nebraska issues a bonded title. If there are no legitimate claims in three years, it loses the "bonded" blemish and becomes a standard car title. Sure it's a lot more time-consuming, but it's a difference of a few hundred dollars, and it's not like I'll be done restoring it before the three years are up, so there's not going to be anyone knocking on my door asking for the car.

jackb
03-04-2011, 07:13 AM
Mass picked up on the title-swap thing a few years back....for us in the Northeast....Maine still has Bill of Sale, then get Maine title, sell back...

Da Tinman
03-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Using a title service here in Ill-annoyed will cause you nothing but grief, any and all of those titles have or will be flagged and you may end up with something that you can never get a title for.

bonded titles have thier own drawbacks. not so much on something with a vin but if your building a car from scratch or one that doesnt have a vivsible vin and are seeking an official legal type title you will end up paying taxes on the finished product, not the initial purchase. The price difference can be many thousands of $$$$.

powerhawkeye
03-05-2011, 10:31 AM
In the old days Broadway title worked in Minnesota then they caught on so now if you get a title from them i heard they will accept it but you have to bond the car

The only that worked was Intl Title that went through Maine at the time it was $300 you had to give them a POA & insure your car then you received Maine paper Reg & bill of sale & license plates you did not get a Maine title after one year you took it to the DVM to have a Minnesota title issued

$445 is a lot of money but if it gets you a title ???