This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instrament Light Switch

Can someone tell me if the switch is the same for '56 & 57 Hawks?

It's not. What the difference is - technically - I don't know.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It's not. What the difference is - technically - I don't know.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Round wire terminals on '56 and flat "spade" type on '57 to '62 -all switches.
        In other words to be "exact" replacement it is wrong. But do we care? If you do not want to modify your original harness, you can make an adapter from a 2 inch piece of wire with a female round terminal on one end and a female spade terminal on the other.[^] If I remember correctly, the HEADLIGHT switches had a round term for the auto. trans dial indicator light wire on both '56 & '57.
        Hi John, hope this helps!

quote:Originally posted by John Ratliff

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

In other words to be "exact" replacement it is wrong. But do we care? If you do not want to modify your original harness, you can make an adapter from a 2 inch piece of wire with a female round terminal on one end and a female spade terminal on the other.[^] If I remember correctly, the HEADLIGHT switches had a round term for the auto. trans dial indicator light wire on both '56 & '57.

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I need a instament light switch for my 56' Power Hawk and seen one on e bay for a '57. If the switch handle looks the same works the same I can always wire it in with a spade conector.
            Got your e mail note, Rich. I got the radiator baffle on with staples.
            About replacing the pin on that window. Looks like the glass would have to come out. Seems I remember Mr Biggs, going into replacing the hardware on vent windows, in a thread some time ago.
            John
            quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA

Comment

I need a instament light switch for my 56' Power Hawk and seen one on e bay for a '57. If the switch handle looks the same works the same I can always wire it in with a spade conector.
              Got your e mail note, Rich. I got the radiator baffle on with staples.
              About replacing the pin on that window. Looks like the glass would have to come out. Seems I remember Mr Biggs, going into replacing the hardware on vent windows, in a thread some time ago.
              John
              quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA

Comment

Working...
              X